⠀⠀⠀ fifty eight

F I F T Y E I G H T

SPENCER STOOD SHELLSHOCKED, his mouth slightly parted and his wide eyes locked onto the dead body that laid at the end of his hallway

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

SPENCER STOOD SHELLSHOCKED, his mouth slightly parted and his wide eyes locked onto the dead body that laid at the end of his hallway.

He swallowed the hard lump that had formed in his throat, almost threatening to clench like he was suffocating. Blood was already seeping from the corpse and pooling around as if it hadn't been pumping through the veins of a stranger. The copper smell burned his nostril hairs.

However, it wasn't the dead body that shook him to his core. Spencer was used to sight and the smell.

It was the fact that Scout Wiley, an untrained and seemingly novice BAU agent that had only shot a gun once, was able to deliver a single kill shot.

The doctor bit down on his bottom lip, letting whatever emotion he had get washed away, and walked towards the body. There was always a possibility that perhaps she hadn't been as precise with the gun as he thought she did. But he stopped in his tracks a few feet away.

"Right between the eyes - not a even a centimeter off." Spencer whispered, shutting his eyes and pinching his brow.

He wouldn't even have to check for a pulse. The man was, without a doubt, dead.

When the bullet entered the skull, it struck perpendicular to the skull between the eyes. In addition to shock wave-caused concussion, the trajectory had completely caused structural disruption of the midbrain and brainstem, deep within the brain. A bullet hitting anywhere near a brain's reticular activating system will literally "put out the lights" and kill nearly instantly by shutting down breathing and effective cardiac activity.

Spencer shook his head in disgust as he walked back into his apartment, hitting himself on the temple with his hand, "Stop. Spouting. Fact. Dumbass."

He changed into his usual work ensemble and slipped on his bulletproof vest that had the FBI insignia on front. As he strapped on his pistol to his waist, his pulled out his cellphone.

"Hotch, we've got - something's going on." Spencer stuttered.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm at my apartment. Scout - she came over earlier to talk. Someone knocked on the door when I went to take a shower and she answered it. He said that there was an emergency and that he needed her. She kept rambling about how I needed to stay safe, to not get involved and -"

He paused, still not believing what had happened and how he directly experienced it. It still didn't feel real.

"Reid?"