⠀⠀⠀ seven

S E V E N

SCOUT WILEY STOOD outside in the cold, shivering into her jacket and scarf

The wind around brought a chill up her back and down her tailbone. And honestly, she loved cold seasons because of it.

But right now in this moment, Scout did not like it one bit.

She looked over at the car that was protruding smoke from its engine and rolled her eyes. Xander was always a fanatic for big scenes when it came to detective work and this was just another one of this stupid plans.

And she honestly hated.

It wasn't like Scout enjoyed killing people, but toying with them was another level. If it were her choice then she would rather shoot the bullet and be on her way but no. That wasn't how Xander did things.

She'd rather not kill anyone at all but that wasn't realistic.

Scout sighed and walked up the stairs to the front door. It was now or never and if she didn't do it now, then she didn't want to know what would happen to her own mother. Nothing was worth the risk when it came to Xander.

And so, she knocked.

"Who is it?" Someone yelled through the door.

"I'm sorry to bother, but my car broke down and my phone's dead. I don't know what to do right now and I'm not sure where I am." Scout said in her sweetest sounding yet innocent voice.

Any girl would be stupid to do this. Asking a stranger for help? Big no no. Knocking on random people's doors for help? A recipe for disaster.

Scout knew how to handle herself with or without a gun but other girls weren't as skilled as she was. Should could only imagine the amount of girls that got themselves in danger because of simple yet stupid decisions.

The door opened to reveal a tall, muscular man with dark skin.

Agent Derek Morgan

June 6, 1973

BAU Special Agent
Former Chicago police officer

Specialty:
Obsessional crimes
Explosives

"Hi, I'm really sorry. Do you have a phone I could borrow?" She shyly asked.

He looked outside to see if there was anyone around and then glanced back at Scout. She was shivering.

"No, yeah. C'mon in, it's freezing outside." He opened the door wider.