⠀⠀⠀ forty five

F O U R T Y  F I V E

SPENCER WATCHED AS Scout passed a lunch tray along the line of other police officers

Her tray was full of various foods, ranging between hamburgers and bags of chips. Silently, he walked over to her, careful to not surprise her with his presence.

"$15.45" The woman behind the counter said as she counted all of Scout's food.

"Put it on Derek Morgan's tab."

"I don't know who Derek Morgan is, and we don't have tabs."

Scout cocked her head to the side, "Do you know who I am?"

"No."

"Good." She said with a purse of her lips and began to walk away.

Spencer immediately grabbed her by her arm, gently enough to not throw her off her balance and dragged her back to the counter.

He dug out his credit card from his back pocket and handed it to the woman, "Sorry about that. Just a bit of FBI humor is all."

"Uh huh."

Scout gave him a lopsided smirk and continued on her way to one of the tables that was currently being occupied by Morgan.

"That wasn't very nice." Spencer said, trying to catch up and put his things away.

"This place isn't very nice. You were right, it's giving me a bad feeling about this whole case. I thought I might as well get a free lunch out of it."

"You did get a free lunch. I paid for it."

"You didn't have to."

He shrugged, "I'd rather my girlfriend not become a criminal. You know, just my personal preference."

Scout's blood ran cold and she got a sudden chill, shivers running down her spine. Quickly, she ignored the sudden feeling and gave him another smirk, rolling her eyes in a teasing way.

"A criminal and a FBI agent. Sounds kind of hot, doesn't it?"

"No," Spencer chuckled, "Not at all. I don't like to take my work home with me."

"Well, let's not forget, I was your coworker before I became your girlfriend. So technically, you take your work home with you practically everyday." She flirted, dropping her tray on the table.