⠀⠀⠀ twenty

T W E N T Y

SPENCER GROANED LOUDLY as he struggled to pack his belongings into the large duffle bag that was provided

How the hell was he supposed to fit a month's worth of books in a duffle and still expect to fit clothes and other necessities inside as well? Did the bureau not know him at all?

Spencer glanced at the stack of newly purchased books that test on his nightstand. Maybe he should take them with him as well? He walked out to them and picked one up. His finger traced over the book covers sleeve as the title was pressed in a dirty golden color.

Harry Potter, the Collection

He had purchased the set the day after he watched the first movie with Scout. It - interested him, to say the least. It wasn't scientific theories or old English books like he was used to, but he still found the whole story fascinating.

The sudden knock at his door pulled him out of his thoughts. That would be Scout.

And as he opened the door, the small deviant smiled and showed her bright teeth. Her hair, pulled up into a ponytail and she was dressed in loose jeans with a tank top and a clad opened flannel on top.

"Hey, you ready?" She walked in as he opened the door.

"Uh - yes?"

She eyed him, "That doesn't sound that confident if you ask me. How can you not be prepared? I couldn't sleep last night. I kept thinking I was gonna forget something important. Shit, did I bring my toothpaste?" She dug through her duffle.

Spencer glanced at the bag, "How do you have extra space in your bag? I can barely fit everything in mine."

"That's cause all I need are clothes and this," She pulled out a large DVD carrier. It was almost the size of his thesaurus that he kept at the top of his pile of books.

"How many DVDs do you even have?"

Scout shrugged, "I lost count after I bought the extra extra large version of this case. I out grew the other two as soon as I bought them."

"Besides," She continued. "They're gonna give us the stuff that we need and rest we can buy. We're only supposed to bring anything that is necessary."

"These books are necessary."

"I swear, nerds like you forget that libraries exist. You can easily rent them out."