⠀⠀⠀ twenty three

T W E N T Y  T H R E E

SCOUT LOOKED UP from the pile of files and cases on her desk

It looked like it was going to be hours of work. She mentally groaned, resting her head on the most recent paperwork she was doing.

Across the room, Scout could see the ever present Spencer Reid who was also working on his pile. The only thing was, he was working at a much quicker and steadier pace than she was.

She inhaled deeply and exhaled, drawing her breath to a sigh. Of course, he was going to get out of there long before dinner time. She, on the other hand, felt like she was going to be working through the night.

Scout looked back at the file and reread the summary that she had already written down. It was long but deserved. She didn't want to miss any details. It was the least she could do for what she had done.

From what she remembered, her argument with Hotch didn't help at all.

"What do you mean? They don't deserve it, they didn't do anything wrong!" Scout exclaimed, pointing at the women in handcuffs and being leaned against police cars.

After she had cleared the situation with Mary and the women, Scout called in her team to clarify the situation inside the Lusty Leopard. She had coursed the women to walk out with her to further explain everything to Hotch but the moment they stepped outside, they were surrounded by police officers and FBI agents.

Hotch sighed at looked down at the new agent on his team, "What they did was illegal. They hacked into government accounts and the online registry, not to mention social security and highly classified information. That alone is not okay."

"They were doing it for a right cause. They were protecting these women, that has to mean something, doesn't it?" She spoke louder than she wanted to but she was frustrated.

This wasn't right, not one bit.

"Whatever cause it was, it doesn't rectify what they did. It was illegal and they have to be held responsible." His look hardened.

It was almost like he was daring her to keep going. And Scout was not one to back down from a dare.

"So you're saying that they should have just left these women to suffer and not help at all?"

"They should have done it the right way."

"And what way would that be? Go to the government? Because I'm sure the FBI would be willing to help on a case that didn't involve missing children and mass murders!"