⠀⠀⠀ ten

T E N

SCOUT FELT LIKE her lungs were on fire

And it didn't help that she had the whole BAU staring at her as she tried to catch her breath. The sweat from running to car, driving back home, packing, and coming back was obvious.

After all, she was in a room with professional profilers. How could they not know?

"Miss Wiley, we were just about to start. Please, take a seat." Hotch's voice boomed.

Scout found the closest chair which was between Morgan and a blonde, who she could only assume was JJ. Embarrassment crawled up her back and she sulked slowly into her seat, almost as if she was trying to phase into it.

"So-where are we off to, Garcia?" Rossi questioned, trying to regain the attention.

"Good question and that would be Evansville, Indiana. The folders in front of you have more information," Garcia locked eyes with Scout.

"And believe me, crime fighters, this one is a doozy. 12 hours ago, roommates Maddison Taylor and Auggie Linman were doing construction on they're newly bought house."

The screen behind her changed, revealing an old Victorian styled home. It was surrounded by large trees and looked as if it was ready to fall apart. And then the screen changed again.

"Everything was fine and dandy until they started to peel the old wallpaper in the house. The girls said it felt odd and smelly so they tried to call a contractor who didn't know what it was. That is until the police got called in and discovered-"

"Human flesh?" Reid interjected.

"Uh-huh, and loads of it. Around three different rooms where covered in it, the study, the kitchen, and one of the bedrooms."

JJ looked up, "Has the coroner confirmed how old the skin is?"

"Nope, it's still being tested on."

Scout flipped through the pages. It made her stomach turn upside down and inside out. This wasn't just the work of a murder, this was the result of someone sick.

The last page showed a picture of people in hazmat suits, peeling off the the wallpaper. Strands of moisture from the skin made it cling to the walls.

Morgan sighed, "How wasn't it caught sooner? This place looks like it's a hundred years old."

"That could be why, no one wants to buy a house that's too much work." Blake said.