⠀⠀⠀ eighteen

E I G H T E E N

SCOUT STOOD OUTSIDE the wooden door, waiting for a response

Her arms were uncomfortably filled with different movies and snacks, footing shifting from side to side. A strand of her brown hair flew into her face and whipped back and forth aggressively as she tried to blow it away.

'Maybe he's not home.' She thought to herself.

The door suddenly crept open ever so slightly revealing an eye glancing up and down at her. And then it opened entirely, revealing the tall and lanky, messy haired man.

"Hi," Scout said with a small wave, dropping a few snacks on the floor.

She crouched down to grab them, muttering, under her breath, "Shit."

Glancing up, Scout was face to face with Spencer as he had went to grab the snacks as well. She noticed him swallow hard before immediately standing back up.

"Wiley- what are you doing here?" He stuttered out, nervous as usual.

She sent him her usual lopsided smile, "Garcia told me what happened, I got worried and wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Yeah, no. I mean, I'm fine. You didn't have to come, Wiley."

"You can call me Scout, you know. No need to be all professional with the last names. It's not a dirty word." She teased the doctor.

Spencer nodded but made no other sound. Instead, the pair just looked at each other awkwardly, waiting for the other to break first.

Scout shrugged and clicked her tongue, "Well, uh sorry for dropping in on you. I get that you're busy and all so uh-here."

She motioned at the dvds and candies in her hand.

"I'm sorry?" He scrunched his eyebrows together.

"I knew you'd be stuck here until you got better cause Hotch said he wouldn't let you back until you got the okay. So, I thought I'd pass by and give you these to help with all the time on your hands. You mentioned you didn't know what Harry Potter was so I got you all the movies. And I didn't know what kind of candy you liked so I got one of everything."

She picked out a yellow and pink colored bag and handed it to him, pointing at it, "These are my favorite, Sour Patch Watermelon. They're definitely worth trying."

"Thanks, do you want to come in?"

"Uh- if you don't mind."

He sent her a soft smile, "If you don't mind the mess."

"I'm sure it's not that-" Scout paused and looked around. "bad?"

Spencer chuckled, "You were saying?"