⠀⠀⠀ thirty two

T H I R T Y T W O

SPENCER SET DOWN his satchel on the floor, careful to leave it in the inside of his desk and not the walk-way

It was a quiet day for the BAU, which included minor paperwork and desk duty. The entire team would work for two or three hours and then head back home. Days like these only happened a few times out of the mouth and Reid reveled in the calmness of it all.

He tucked back his hair, suddenly very self conscious on his messy locks of curls. And even getting ready in the morning had been a struggle, as he had taken up more time than he intended to when leaving for work. Spencer fixed the dark tie, slightly choking himself in the process, and clearing his throat with a cough to cover it up.

The sound of a stifled laugh across the office caused him to look up suddenly.

Scout, who had arrived on time, was already working at her desk and had a pencil between her lips. She was biting down on the wood to hide the evident smile on her lips. On the other hand, she didn't take long to get ready for work. Her usual uniform of jeans, boots, a The Who shirt, and dark blazer wasn't as much of a stand out anymore.

"You look like you're in a good mood, Wiley." Spencer gave her a lopsided smile, causing her to roll her eyes at him.

She tapped the pencil against her cheek, "Stop profiling me, Reid."

"Profiling?" He raised a brow at her, sitting down at his desk. "I can just tell. Remember, I'm that smart."

"Arrogance has to be earned. Tell me, Doc, what have you done to earn yours?"

Spencer shrugged, "I can think of some things-"

"Ookay, nice chat." Scout stuttered, suddenly flustered.

Reid merely chuckled to himself before banging on his desk at a rhythm. He picked up some of the leftover files and started to read, still banging and bobbing his head.

His was so enamored and in a trance that he didn't notice Morgan eyeing him across the way. The dark skinned agent turned to Scout with a confused face.

"Have you ever seen him like this?" Morgan asked, throwing up a crumpled up paper at her head to catch her attention.

"Ow," She mockingly said, rubbing the spot that he hit, "And don't ask me. Haven't you known him longer than I have?"

"Yeah, but you're his friend too."

Scout scoffed, "I dunno, maybe he's finally gotten a date. I heard Tinder can be very promising now a days."