⠀⠀⠀ fourteen

F O U R T E E N

SCOUT KNEW MORE than she let on, but she could never say that it was her fault

It was engraved into her head. It went past simple muscle memory. It was instinct. It was uncontrollable, bone crushing, teeth clenching, unforgivable instinct.

"You're loosing pace. If my memory recalls, you were able to reload in less than a second. Now look at yourself, you can barely keep up." Xander sneered at her, arms crossed.

She rolled her eyes, "I hurt my shoulder. I can get you a doctor's note if you'd like. "

"Don't be sarcastic with me, Wiley."

"If not you, then what other purpose do I serve the world?" She aimed her gun towards the target and shot before he could respond.

Bringing the paper towards her, she smiled at her bullseye. So far every shot she made today landed at the same spot.

"At least you're aiming doesn't suck."

Scout scoffed, "That sounds almost impossible."

"Yes well, when was the last time your used a gun? I question if your ready for this mission."

"Too bad," She said. "It's too late now to change it, your pimp should've thought of that in the first place."

"Hey, what did I say? No speaking of those who give you your assignments, just be grateful. If it was my decision, you would be still intercepting letters in that little mailroom of yours."

Scout pouted mischievous, "And what? You want me to miss out on all the fun? The only thing I was allowed to carry was a box cutter."

"And yet, you still can't carry a gun with you in the BAU."

She lifted the protective glasses off her face, "Not my fault. Do you want me to pass that test on my first try?"

"Of course not, you idiot. The FBI would be even more suspicious that a 5'1 nobody with no training can suddenly sharp shoot on command."

"Then trust the process, Xander. I just have to play around with the BAU a little longer and then I can put a bullet between Rossi's eyes."

Scout aimed the gun again but quickly had the gun grabbed from her hands and the air knocked out of her lungs. She sent a sneer at the large man, grabbing her rib in pain.

"You insolent brat. You want to mess up this whole situation? Killing David Rossi was never part of the plan."

"Jeez, I know. Can't I make a fucking joke?" Scout rolled her eyes.