⠀⠀⠀ fifty

F I F T Y

SPENCER AND SCOUT glanced at each other as the car's engine turned off

The couple were in complete bliss. They had spent the last few days together in the doctor's apartment without any distractions with the outside world, and only preoccupied their time with each other. Hours were spent in bed, cuddling and discussing the future, along with cleaning the apartment to make space for the little baby.

Spencer was not lying when he said that he liked being prepared.

And thankfully, the BAU team hadn't been called into the office for the weekend so any news of the new engagement hadn't reached their ears. But when Garcia has mentioned going out for dinner on Sunday night, every single member had jumped on board.

Scout concluded that the timing was perfect to make the announcement.

"You ready?" She sent her fiancé a small smile and squeezing his hand gently.

Spencer nodded, brushing his hair back, "Why wouldn't I be? I mean - this is everything I could've ever dreamed off. You, the baby, we're going to get married. I couldn't think of a better life."

"I'm taking about telling the team, Genius."

"Oh. Yeah. That too."

She shook her head and chuckled, making a beeline towards the restaurant door with Spencer trailing behind. A small lump formed in her throat but she ignored it. Of course, the fact was that telling the BAU only made it all more real and while she rarely feared anything, Scout knew that change was the most terrifying experience she could ever encounter.

Spencer placed a small peck on the top of her head as they found the correct table and their friends had begun to call them over.

"It's about time," Rossi stood up and pulled out a chair for Scout. "We were about to start without you any second now."

Garcia swatted him with the menu, "He's only joking."

"Well, I'm glad we didn't come a second later."

Scout turned towards the muscular, dark skinned man. He looked good and not like he had gotten into a fight with a trained assassin only a few days ago.

"How are you feeling, Morgan?"

"Better. A bit sore but it'll take a lot more for someone to take me down." He teased, wiggling his eyebrow and flexing his arms to show off.