⠀⠀⠀ twenty nine

T W E N T Y N I N E

SCOUT SIGHED DEEPLY as she sat down on the dirty floor of the abandoned room

After her most recent case closed and she arrived in Virginia, Xander sent her a text directing her to an old apartment building. It was located directly across the street from the park she would take Sumo for walks all the time.

He sent her directions to walk to the park and to look as discreet as she possibly could. So she donned her usual all black clothes and large hoodie, covering her face as much as she possibly could. Xander made sure to bug the street security cameras, claiming that her identity was the only thing keeping her mother and herself safe.

And so, Scout sat waiting in an abandoned and empty apartment room that he had texted her to wait with her sniper rifle resting as her side. She grabbed her phone and dialed his number.

"What?" Xander answered, sustain laced in his tone.

"What am I waiting for?"

"An alien invasion." He responded sarcastically. "What the hell do you think you're waiting for?"

"I don't know, that's why I'm asking you, smart ass."

"You're waiting for my orders and that's it. Did you set up your gun?"

Scout rolled her eyes, grateful that he couldn't see her, "Am I an idiot?"

"Of course you are, but you're a good shot. I tolerate your dumbness as long as you don't infect me."

"Oh, har har har. I bet you have ladies falling at your feet all the time with your humor. Actually, I think you don't have ladies." She gasped in an over exaggerating tone. "Are you a virgin?"

Scout could hear Xander grinding his teeth over the cell phone, "Set up the gun at the window."

"Aye aye, captain." She reposition the rifle so that it was peeking out slight from the open window. It was cloudy out so she was grateful that it wouldn't stick out to the people at the park.

But a part of her hesitated. Would she have to kill someone? Could this be connected with her work at the BAU? Scout shook her head and leaned back.

"I'm not going to kill anyone." She stated, matter of factly.

"I haven't even told you what you're doing." Xander said. "Put me on speaker."