⠀⠀⠀ eleven

E L E V E N

HER MOUTH DRIED from the nerves felt in Scout's stomach

"My name's SSA Hotchner and this is Agent Jareau and Agent Wiley. The rest of my team are already divided between the coroners' office and the location of the crime." Hotch spoke in a tone of voice that few could ever grow comfortable in.

But Scout wasn't focused on his tone. In fact, her mind only traced itself back to one word that he said: Agent.

She wasn't an agent.

"I wish we could've met on better circumstances but this isn't usual for our neck of the woods. Evansville doesn't exactly scream murder, really. Folks around here call me Sheriff Olson."

Scout nodded a hello, not feeling as formal or experienced as she should be in the situation for a handshake.

"Well, I've got a room set up for your team," Olson said as he walked towards the back of the station. "It's not much, but we've got boards and tables for you to work."

"It's more than enough, thank you." JJ smiled and set her bag down on a chair.

"Are the girls here?" Scout questioned. It was time that she took initiative. If she wanted to actually impress the team and complete Xander's mission then she would have to start somewhere she knew best.

The sheriff nodded, "Yea, they're still a bit shook up and refuse to go anywhere else. They lived there for a few weeks, poor girls don't have anywhere else to go."

"I'd like to go talk to them, if that's alright." Scout directed towards Hotch.

He nodded, "You're closest to their age so they'd be more willing to open up to you. Take JJ with you, try to find out if you can get anymore information as to how they obtained the house."

"Maybe they can connect a part of the timeline and determine whether or not the Unsub wanted them to live in that house." Scout agreed.

Sheriff Olson showed the female agents the way to a room that had large windows and dimmed lights. Scout could see the two girls, sitting next to each other in silence as they stared into nothing. They were traumatized, Scout knew right away.

With a swift knock, JJ opened the door and let the brunette agent in first before trailing behind to close it again.

"Hello, my name is er- Agent Wiley and this is Agent Jareau, we're with the FBI. Would it be alright if we asked you a couple of questions?"