Chapter 5

Harry's P.O.V

After singing to Desaree she fell asleep quite quickly.I have known her since she was 8 years old.When I moved in next door I didn't think I would be happy because nobody knew what I was going through. But she did. she was going through the same thing.One day deciding to go and ask if she could come play outside I noticed it.

**flashback**

I wanted to get out the house for at least an hour because my dad was out doing god knows what. But he was mad at me before he left because I bumped into him. so pretty much I got what I "deserved." "Your a worthless piece of shit and you were an accident you weren't mean't to be born." was the last thing he said before he left to what I'm assuming is to go to the bar as usual. After he beat me and left my mum rushed down the stairs to help because she knows what happens if she tries to stop him..

I kinda got used to it. She cleaned me up and applied some ice to some already forming bruises.

"Mum c-can I go outside while he's gone?" I said in hopes she would say yes.

"I don't know.. you know how your father-"

"Don't call him that." I growled

"Im sorry baby.. but I guess but only an hour and when you come in take a shower so he won't know you were ouside."

"Thank you mum I promise only an hour." I said while jumping up to put on my shoes.

"Be careful I love you Harry." I quickly hummed "mmhm." while walking out the door.

I decided to go next door I noticed a girl around my age that lived there..she was quiet like me in a way.

I watched her dad storm out of the house and get into his car and driving away FAST. Like as in knocking over trash cans and well yeah fast.

Walking up to the door I heard faint cries. I slowly knocked on the door. After a few moments passed the door slowly opening revealing a broken girl and in im that moment I promised myself I would never EVER leave her side. No matter the obstacles in our way.

**end of flashback**

Desaree stirred in her sleep pulling me closer. I didn't realize the hot tears rolling down my face knowing I let her down.

" Nononononono." Desaree mumbled in her sleep.

"Please IM SORRY." by now she has tears rolling down her face and I came to my senses. she's having a nightmare.

"Des wake up." I said while slightly shaking her but quickly noticing that had no effect

"No p-please." she was now sobbing.

"DES WAKE UP PLEASE." I yelled not really meaning to.

Her eyes snapped open and in the dark room only light with the street light outside her window I could see fear in her eyes.

"H-hazza?" she said stuttering

"It's me and it's ok I'm not leaving I'm going to protect you ok?" I said and trust me I was on the verge of breaking down in front of her.

"Ok-k" she said slightly calming down but I could tell she was hurting and that brought so many questions to my head. How long had she had nightmares? she never had them before.. at least I don't think so.

"Do you want to talk about it babe?" I know she will probably saw no but it's worth a try.

"No- yes I don't know.."

"It's ok you don't have to if you don't want to .."

"I do! I-it's just he was there.."

I know exactly who she is talking about because he made her life a living hell. HE is the one that broke her.

"Was he h-hurting you?" well so much for staying strong for her.

I hate the thought of anyone putting their hands on MY Desaree.

"Y-yes and I begged him to stop but that only made him happy. H-he use to laugh when I would ask him to stop." she said with a new set of fresh tears rolling down her face.

"I'll keep you safe no one will hurt you again IM not leaving again. I will never forgive my self for leaving you but I'm here now." I stated while leaning in and all I could think of was showing this girl love doesn't consist of hurt.

I could see that was she was unsure for a second before she slammed her lips into mine.

Our lips moved in sync and it was indescribable. I have been waiting to do this since the moment she let me in her life. I felt these sparks and in my stomach those butterflies-No this was a fucking storm I could stay like this for the rest of my life.

We both slowly pulled away panting for breath with of lips still brushing and our foreheads touching. It was a comfortable silence. But she quickly broke that.

"Woah." She said still panting

"I know." I said while smirking.

Leaning in and giving her a quick peck before saying

"Let's go back to bed yeah?"

"Okay."

"Good night babe."

"Goodnight hazza."