12 - USS Indianapolis

The short story is dedicated to Angelica Oscillada. Thank you for helping me during the muting days!

12 – USS Indianapolis

When I noticed her my heart started to hammer. It's been years when I last saw her, I was still a teenager back then.

But her appearance as well as her overall aura didn't change at all. She's that mysterious girl who captured my past and present.

The little girl who witnessed my heart aches.

The manipulative goddess with a playful hands past and present or should I considered her as a living witch of two connected realms?

I started to step closer to her, she's still sitting near the railing of the edge of the ship staring at the broad sea with on the moonlight's touch.

"Hey," the wind blew.

And when her straw hat was about to dance together with the air, I immediately extended my arms to catch it as fast as I could.

Ibinalik ko sa kanya ang kanyang sombrero at kapwa kami ngumiti sa isa't-isa.

"How are you Angelica?"

"Still on her pain," tipid na sagot ko.

"What about you? Did you collect them enough?" ilang beses na umiling sa akin ang batang nagpakita sa akin ng nakaraan at kasalukuyan.

"I'm running out of time and I'm afraid that I won't be collecting enough before I turned into bubbles."

Yes, she told me that she'll come back. She'll come back to me, have some talk when she's about to die.

The little girl is dying.

"I want to ask you, do you want to come back? I can bring you to your right time, this is your last chance." Sa pagkakataong ito ay ako ang umiling sa kanya.

"I vowed to him that I'll take care of this ship. I might be not from the past, but my heart will forever settle her. I won't be living this timeline, not until I aged and die."

"Ikaw ang bahala," sagot niya sa akin.

This little girl with the straw hat and sunflower had been collecting souls of every woman who were connected to every symbolic ship in the world.

Numbers of woman who were never afraid of sailing against the unruly world. Mga paraan ng paglalayag na hindi lamang uri ng alon sa dagat ang ipinaglalaban.

I tried to search about her past, any symbolic connections that might lead to her but I just found a great woman, that was vanished thousands of years ago.

Some book might consider it as myths or a made up story since no one have proven her existence. It was just a word of mouth, na hindi kayang patunayan.

But for me, for my heart the great woman captain, existed.

She's the first woman captain who sailed in the cruel life of ocean, with numbers of women crews.

She's the woman responsible for the freedom of women slavery. Itinakas nito ang napakaraming babaeng itinago ng mga makakapangyarihang tao noon sa isang isla.

And when the captain was about to ran away and save all the women, the cruel lord of the island ordered to chase her ship and hunt her down.

Naging matagal ang habulan ng mga barko ngunit naabot ang barko ng babaeng kapitan sa karagatang pasipiko.