Chapter 27

Alec woke up alone but with a blue rose beside him. He smiled and made himself ready. But when he came out, he saw not only his siblings, but also his parents and the realisation hits him. He was engaged now and he had to tell his parents. But how? The reality was that they will not only freak out because he was marrying, they will even more freak out because it's a male and a downworlder and a seelie. He was sure his mother will have a heart attack. As always she hugged only Jace and nodded to Izzy as if it was a professional meeting what made Alec mad every damn time. Izzy didn't deserved this treatment. Maryse looked at Alec and smiled "hello Alec" she didn't hugged him either, his father who was more in the background smiled kindly. At first Maryse wanted tje reports from the missions instead of asking how her children were doing. Alec brought his parents to the office and gave the folders, Maryse read them and nodded "good" she opened her mouth to say something else when she noticed the ring on Alecs finger "What is this?", Alecs heart started beating faster, he felt the anxiety coming and his hands were shaking and sweating suddenly, he looked at his parents who were waiting patiently, Alec swallowed and decided just to jump in the cold water "I'm getting married", long pause, Maryse looked questioning to Robert who was confused just as her, Alec put his hands behind his back, Maryse blinked "alright, okay, who is she?", Alec licked over his dry lips "it's a m-man", Maryse frowned "excuse me? What?", "It's a man, his name is Magnus, he is a seelie", Robert started to laugh as if Alec made a joke "That's a good one Alec", but Maryse was laughing at all, at first she turned pale, then she held herself on the desk from falling down, Robert held her elbows "Maryse!!", "oh my god" he voice shaked "oh no no no, the time has come..oh my god", "Mom!" Said Alec "What? What are you talking about?".