Chapter 18

Alec froze for a moment when he saw Magnus putting the monster down. Magnus looked like a knight, like a fighter. But Alecs shadowhunters instincts didn't let him down and he Grabed the first weapons that he saw. A Katana that hung on the wall as a souvenir and jumped from the wall, drifted around and cut the monsters head of. The thing screamed a ugly sound and fell on the floor. Magnus looked at Alec who smiled "we make quite a good team", Magnus opened his mouth when Jace came "woah that was badass" he looked at Magnus "how did you find us?", "The bees and the bug are all in our service, they tell us everything", Jace made a confused face, Alec looked back and saw Clary, scared on the floor, she was almost crying. Jace ran to hold her, Alec turned to Magnus "you came for me?", "I couldn't just watch this monster kill you", Alec smiled at him "Thank you", Magnus shrugged but Alec turned serious "I mean it, thank you for keeping me safe", "I need to look for my husband, right?", Alec just smiled softly "you still want me?", "I never stopped", the air between them was thick but it was broken by Jace and Clary "we need to figure out about the card, take it", Alec brought the card and looked at Magnus "maybe the seelie queen can help us", "You hadn't enough of her tricks?" Asked Jace, Magnus looked at Alec and the shadowhunter sighed "Jace..look" he took a deep breath "you uhm..you need to know that it wasn't a trick when she wanted me to marry Magnus", Jace tilled his head to the side, "I kissed Magnus by myself, it was my own decision", Jace looked at him then at Magnus "oh..woah..so? You want to marry him", "I don't want to talk about this here, me and Magnus visit the Queen, figure out what's going on, bring Clary to the institute..take care of her", Clary who was very surprised, brushed over Alecs shoulder before Jace brought her away.