-3-

"Makeup."

(Y/N)'s p.o.v

As I walked into my classroom, I felt uneasy as I passed by Ms.Simians' desk. She can be nice if you play your cards right, but she is very intimidating. I took my seat by the windows, and rested my head in the palm of my hand. After a couple of minutes the class began to fill with more students, two of those students being Gumball, and Darwin.

I know with those two around, things will get a lot more interesting, weather it's bad or good is up for debate. My thoughts were interrupted by the ear piercing sound of Ms.Simians' scratchy voice.

"Alright class, quiet down. Today we'll be learning about prepositional phrases." She stated, pointing to the chalkboard with examples written on it. 'Oh no.' I thought to myself, realizing that I missed a lot in these past few months. "But first, Ms.(L/N)." Ms.Simian said, calling to attention my presence. I sweat nervously as there was a short, and quiet pause. "Welcome back." She finished off, with a ghost of a smile on her face, to which I returned, still nervous from the attention she called.

Class felt like it was dragging on forever, and I think I was actually getting a headache from Ms.Simians' voice. The only thing that could be worse than that is- 'RRIIIINNNGGG!!' The Bell...

Walking through the hallway, I began to dread my next class; Geometry. I was already stressing out about it, and I wasn't in the classroom yet. While I was overthinking, I bumped into someone again, I sighed. 'Watch where you walk, homeschool.' I thought to myself. I looked up from the tiled floor, it was Rob that I bumped into. "Sorry Rob, wasn't looking where I was going." I apologized, yawning afterwards.

"It's fine, neither was I." He responded, shrugging his shoulders. There was a short pause before he spoke again. "Are you okay? You don't look so good." Rob asked, concern lacing the words he spoke. "Haha, I'm fine, I'm just going to... geometry." I said, now hyper aware of my appearance. I felt Rob put his hand on my shoulder, which made me flinch, because of past experiences with pressure points. "Hey, don't worry about it, last I checked, geometry wasn't that bad." I nodded at his statement, though I was still worried.

I gently grabbed ahold of Robs wrist, and took his hand off of my shoulder. "Things change too fast to remember Rob, but I appreciate the reassurance." I smiled, walking away. But instead of going to my next class, I went into the ladies room, to which the bell rang just as I opened the door. I cringed and went over to one of the sinks, looking in the mirror; I saw what I actually looked like. My hair was a bit scraggly, and my clothes were extremely wrinkled, like a discarded peace of paper. To put a cherry on top of this sundae, there were bags under my eyes beginning to form.

'How did this happen?' I thought to myself, smoothing out as many wrinkles as I could. 'Did I look like this at the beginning of the day?' I asked myself. I took my finger, and stretched the skin under my eye to see just how bad it may be.

"(Y/N)?" A familiar, friendly voice asked, shocking me and forcing me to go into lock mode for two seconds. I turned my head to see Rachael, she's Tobias' sister, and a good friend of mine. "Ray! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I shouted, laughing in relief afterwards. Rachael smirked and put her hands on her hips, walking up next to me. "With the way you look right now? I could say the same thing homeschool!" She snickered, causing me to role my eyes. "Well today's my lucky day! You have makeup in your locker, we both know this." Rachael sighed, and took my wrist. "C'mon, then. I can't have You looking like the walking dead."

"So... got any crushes yet?" I was so caught off guard by Rachael's question, that I accidentally put foundation on my eyeball. "Gah! N-no. I just got back." I said, rubbing my eyes, and continuing to blend the makeup on my face. When I finished that, I smoothed out my hair. "C'mon, not even a type?", "I wouldn't know!" I said, scoffing at the end. "Oh fine, well, I gotta go to science! Bye!" Rachael said, closing her locker and skipping to her next class.

Realizing that I was now alone in the hall, and that I was skipping class; I rushed to the library.

"Yeah, I know it's really long, and Rob is BARELY in it, but there's nothing wrong with a little filler."