-32-

"Exhaust."

(Y/N)'s p.o.v

When we finished sorting through the supplies, I went to sit up straight, as I was hunched over the packets of seeds, sorting them for over an hour. Imagine the look on my face, when I not only heard my spine pop, but I felt like I had been hit by a truck. The pain that shot through me caused me to go back to my original position, which wasn't any better, believe me.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" Rob asked me, to which I responded by holding up my pointer finger, signaling to have a moment to collect myself.

"That crook really messed up my back." I said, standing up, my back muscles spazzing at the pain. "Aw shoot! Is there anything I can do? I-.", "I'll be fine for now, I just need to straighten my back out, or something." I explained, walking over and sitting down on the couch, flinching as I pressed my back against the cushion behind me. "Today's been a bad day for you, huh?" Rob said, sitting next to me. I nodded in response, bringing my hand up to cover my mouth as I yawned. "And night, that same guy broke into my house yesterday.", "wHAT!?" I shushed Rob before he could have a panic attack, and pat his shoulder in reassurance. "He took an umbrella to the face, I'm sure he'll stay away now." I said confidently. "Well I'm glad you're okay." He said with a smile on his face, and I smirked.

"Awww! Do you care about me?" I asked jokingly, batting my eyelashes and leaning towards him. He chuckled and gently pushed me away, looking to the side, as the color bars faded in and out a bit. "Of course I do, you're my friend, (Y/N)." He said, as I closed my eyes and nodded. "Yeah, I know, it's in the contract." I said, leaning back, the pain no longer intense anymore. After that there was a long awkward silence, and I crossed one leg over the other, avoiding eye contact. "So..." me and rob spoke at the same time, cutting ourselves off to awkwardly laugh."You don't really go to Elmore, do you?" I asked, side glancing at Rob. There was a nervous pause, like it was some kind of secret. "No, I don't.. how'd you find out?", "you stuck out like a sore thumb, and you hung out in the library for the Not part." I explained. "Is the first part good?" He asked, a worried look in his face. "Of course!" I responded.

"But It doesn't matter, that you're not in school. We only use five percent of what we learn in real life, and four percent is from electives." I stated, resting my head against the palm of my hand, and leaning against the armrest. "How do you know that?", "I do my research, and it was the headline of a newspaper last week." I said, shrugging my shoulders, only to quickly put them back in their original position, as it stung. Am I gonna need a walking cane for the rest of the month, or something? I yawned as I looked down at the floor, struggling to keep my eyes open, I'm mentally and physically exhausted. As my consciousness continued to fade in and out I heard Rob speaking, but I couldn't concentrate hard enough to actually reply. Suddenly, as I was spaced out, I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me spaz a bit, immediately apologizing afterwards. "Sorry..", "Sorry!" Rob panicked, reeling his hand back. Seeing as how we spoke at the same time, I paused for a moment. "It's okay." I replied.

Minutes passed, with me struggling to listen to Rob speak, and bouncing my leg, something I'd do as an attempt to keep my body going. "Hey Rob, can I ask a favour?" I asked, looking over at him. "Yeah, What is it?", "I can feel myself malfunctioning, can I lean on you?" I casually asked, the bouncing of my leg slowly stopping. "Uh, sure, I guess but wh-?" I only needed to hear the word 'sure', before I let myself go, and passed out.

Robs p.o.v

I didn't get to finish my sentence, as (Y/N) collapsed against me, their head on my shoulder. I felt my face get warm as I froze up, Are they... sleeping? My question was answered when I heard soft snores coming from them, I can't blame them however, it's been a long day. I guess I'm getting kind of tired myself, but I don't wanna wake (Y/N), so I just rested my head atop of theirs, drifting off rather quickly.