-21-

"Backspace."

(Y/N)'s p.o.v

I lingered around the escalators, trying to calm my nerves, as being tense wouldn't help me in any way. Just the, when I went to wander around a bit more, someone bumped into me, and I turned to tell the person to watch it, but I saw that it was Gumball, and he was... crying?

"Woah, woah, what's wrong?" I asked, grabbing his shoulder, he continued to cry, but the words behind his sobs were clear to me. "It'll be okay, go find your family, he can't leave without you guys." I said, turning him around, and ushering him out of the area, siblings fighting weren't unusual, but considering the circumstances, I know who did this, and I need to find and stop him, no holding back. After about five minutes of searching I found Rob, hidden out of sight, aiming the remote at Gumball and his family, unfortunately I confronted him too late, but I need to stop him sooner or later. I roughly grabbed his shoulder and yanked him back, grabbing ahold of his wrist tightly.

"You need to stop, immediately.!" I whisper shouted at Rob, who blue screened for a couple seconds, before a frustrated, and angry look dawned his face, he tried twisting his arm from my grip, which only resulted in an Indian burn on his wrist.

"What are you doing!? I thought we were friends!" He whisper shouted back, pulling the guilt card on me, which only frustrated me more. "We are friends, and friends know what's good for each other, even if it makes the other mad." I stated in a normal speaking volume, Rob paused for a moment, looking down at his wrist in my hand, it seemed as if he came to some sort of realization. "Too bad you don't know what's good for you." He said lowly, I raised an eyebrow, about to ask what he meant, but before I could utter a syllable, I was forcefully thrown back several feet away, I skidded across the floor, holding my keyboard close to my chest as I did so. I groaned as I stood up, I think I got my own type of burns, I felt hands go under my arms, and help me stand, looking up, I saw it was Larry.

"(Y/N), are you okay!?" He asked, brushing some of the dust off of my shoulder. "I'm fine, I need to go." I said, running to where Gumball is. I can't physically hurt Rob, but I can protect Gumball. Just then, everything had gone dark, and I repeatedly slammed into people on my search, the lights came back on, only to black out again, I hit my head against something and fell on my back against the cold tiles, a couple seconds after the lights came back on, my eyes widened as I witnessed penny crashing through the glass balcony above me, I closed my eyes tightly as tiny shards of glass fell onto my face. I was expecting to be penny's unintentional savior by being a cushion, but that never came. I opened my eyes again, and stood up slowly to see that everyone was completely frozen in place, like statues.

Gumball showed up beside me, and I grabbed his shoulder in a comforting manner, letting him know he wasn't alone. "I warned you." Rob said, walking up to Gumballs dad, grabbing a picture and tearing it in half. "I said I would destroy you, and everyone you love." He said walking towards us, I gently squeezed Gumballs shoulder in reassurance, it didn't help however, as he fell to his knees when he made eye contact with Rob.

"You! It was you who did all this! My arch-nemesis, Roy!" He said, making me mentally face palm, if he was going to be appropriately dramatic, then he should get the name right.
"No, no, no, my name isn't- MY NAME IS ROB GOSHDARN IT!" Rob shouted angrily, stomping his foot, causing me to jump slightly. "AND YOU!" He continued, pointing at me accusingly, my eyes widened only a little bit, but I kept my stern look. "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE HELPING ME IN ALL OF THIS! I thought friends had each others backs..." his speech began to falter from angry, to sad, which had finally tugged at my heartstrings, I felt ashamed, and guilty. "But.. how have you done this?" Gumball asked, to which Rob presented the remote to him. This time Gumball asked why he did what he did, and Rob needed a short moment before explaining.

"Wait up, this requires the right mood." He said, changing the format to widescreen, and lowering the contrast. "You have only yourself to blame, you being the hero of all this means that I have to be the villain. But I never wanted to be the villain! I wanted to be the cute sidekick who gets his own plush toy and spinoff show!" He ranted, confusing Gumball. "What are you talking about?" He asked. I put my hand on his shoulder again, giving him a sorrowful look. 'I'm sorry you had to find out this way..' I thought to myself, closing my eyes and looking away. "You really don't get it do you? So happy to star in your "amazing world." Can't you see that none of this is real!?" Rob said, gesturing to the environment around us, however, Gumball still didn't get it, I slipped my hand off of his shoulder as he took a few steps towards Rob. "I-I don't understand." He said.

Rob sighs "It doesn't matter, once you're out of the picture I can be WHOEVER I WANT!" Just then, after pressing a button, an entrance to the void appeared. I tensed up at the sight of the static, gesturing for Gumball to get away as soon as possible. "I'm sorry, Gumball Watterson. THERE'S NO OTHER WAY!" Rob exclaimed, preparing to kick Gumball into the void. Having flashbacks to my last visit to the void, I immediately reacted. "NO!" I tackled Rob to the tiled floor, knocking the Remote out of his hand. Gumball ran over and grabbed the remote, to which I cheered, until I was practically uppercutted, jumping back in shock. Rob ran over and tackled Gumball, the remote being knocked away again, this time it was a full out brawl and they rolled over the remote, changing the dramatic music to smooth jazz, and I gave off and awkward look, casually walking over and picking up the remote, changing the music back. "Thanks." Rob said, to which I nodded before blocking my face with my arms as rob threw a couple punches, I threw the remote to Gumball, and held Rob back, telling Gumball to fix all of this while he had the remote.

Rob suddenly threw his head back, hitting me in the nose, causing it to bleed, and my grip around him to loosen. He back kicked me in the stomach, causing me to stumble back closer to the Void entrance. The same went for Gumball, but I caught him, and helped him stand back up again. Rob went to grab the remote, and looked up as Gumball full on sprinted towards him, knocking the remote out of his hands, it hit a wall and flipped over, turning on a sort of slow motion mode. I sighed and struggled to run over to them as they continued fighting slowly, Gumball took possession over the remote again, while Rob tried holding him back. "Give me that remote you little-." Rob began in slow motion, before Gumball pressed what seemed to be a power button, causing Rob to go limp on the floor, and the speed to return to normal. I gasped and ran over, sliding on my knees as Rob lay there lifeless. "Ha! In your face!" Gumball exclaimed until he saw the look on my face, and the state Rob was in. "Dude? Oh my gosh Rolf? Talk to me Ralph!" I let out a quiet groan, as Gumball began to list off names other than Rob, lying the remote down on Robs body, having it immediately slide off and press the power button again. "Oh Rose-!" "THAT'S NOT EVEN A MANS NAME!" Rob suddenly screeched, sitting up quickly, causing me and Gumball to scream and fall backwards.

The fight went on for a short while longer, before Gumball was ejected towards the entrance to the void, I gasped and went after him, stopping when the feeling of the static's sharp noise against my ears made itself prominent. My eyes widened as Rob Aimee the remote at Gumball, and I covered my eyes, only to hear the repeated clicks of a button. The batteries, they're dead! Gumball confidentially asked 'what now' while I wiped the sweat off of my forehead, and then all that became pure frustration and annoyance once Rob threw the remote into the static. I grabbed Gumballs arm before he could even think about jumping into the void, and held up my keyboard, Robs eye widened as he reached out to stop me, til I pressed down and held the backspace key.

'We need to try again.'