-24-

"Not a mistake."

(Y/N)'s p.o.v

I decided to go see Rob, as we had been talking earlier, and maybe he needs some company too. I hummed at the shack that we worked together on a couple weeks prior to today, and knocked on the wall beside the doorway, we didn't have the materials, like hinges, to make a door. Rob walked out to see who could be here, and gave a surprised look, before smiling.

"(Y/N), hey again!" He greeted, I went to make a piece sign and say hi back, but my voice got caught in my throat when Rob suddenly hugged me. My face began burning up, and I hugged him back, eventually letting go, because hugging for too long is awkward, I learned that from Bobert. When I pulled back, I saw that Rob had the color bars replacing the static, I smiled, because I thought it was cute. He invited me inside, and I stepped in, immediately sitting on the armrest of the couch. "So, What brings you here?" He asked, walking over and sitting on the other side of the couch.

"(P/G) had to leave for work again, and I didn't really wanna be alone at the time." I explained, gently swinging my legs back and forth. "Oh, well, stay as long as you like, I don't mind." He said, going over and grabbing a candy bar from the housewarming gift, handing me one half, and keeping the other. "I have a question." I said, taking a bite out of the piece of candy. "Shoot." Rob told me, sitting back down at the end of the couch. "Okay so, I know what it means when the static on your face blue screens and red screens, it means your panicked, or startled, but.. what do the color bars mean?" I asked, sitting on the actual cushion this time, because my butt was hurting from the structure underneath the fabric of the armrest. "O-oh, that?" He said, to which I nodded. "It-t usually means that I'm flustered, or nervous." He explained, the said color bars flashing for a second. "Oh, cool.", "why did you wanna know?" He asked, tilting his head to the side, I blushed, I see no reason to lie, it's a compliment. "Because it's cute." I stated casually, the blush still on my face as I smiled at him.

Immediately after I said that, The color bars came back, and I laughed about the irony of the situation. "S-shut up!" He stuttered out, crossing his arms and looking away from me. "I-I'm sorry, Rob, the irony just got to me!" I exclaimed, coming down from my laughing fit. He still looked a bit mad, so I moved over and side hugged him. "It's okay, it's okay." I said, patting his shoulder, he just chuckled and pushed me away playfully. We were in a moment of silence, leaning against each others backs, with our feet resting on the armrests of the couch. The silence was comforting, but I had so many thoughts that I just needed to vocalize, before I get a headache, I looked towards the doorway as the colors of the sky went from light blue, to orange. "You.. you believed me when I said you weren't a mistake, right?" I asked, staring up at the ceiling. There was a long pause of silence, I knew he couldn't have fallen asleep, as I felt him tense up. "Rob.?" I asked, did he really believe that he was a mistake? "I.. don't know." He finally answered, shifting in his spot. "Rob, you're not a mistake. The void wouldn't just let you stay out here, if you didn't serve a purpose." I explained, from the research I did in books, the void was a very unforgiving place, if you got out, you'd be sent back. "How do you know-.", "I've been there, multiple times." I interrupted Rob, who suddenly shifted to sit normally, causing me to do the same. Rob turned to face me with a concerned look on his face, blue screening again. "Y-you what? When?" He asked, I answered honestly, seeing as how I can't go back again today because I've already visited there, turns out I landed in a floating couch after that scary experience. "So far? Everyday, only once though.", "How have y-." I cut him off, before he could finish his question. "It happens in my sleep, I usually come back shortly after arriving." I explained, watching as Robs concerned look never left his face. "I-I don't know why I keep going there, but it happens, and I can't stop it." I continued, I had a lingering feeling on why I kept going there, but I didn't really wanna believe it, that's just bad thinking.

Rob seemed to have the same thought as he hugged me gently, and I blushed awkwardly, before calming down, and hugging back. "You're not a mistake, (Y/N).", "I'll only believe you if you believe me." I said, grinning, to which he chuckled. "Okay, okay I believe you, now do you believe me?" He asked, to which I simply laughed, and nodded. "Yes." 'No.' My brain contradicted what I said, and my smile faltered, I didn't mean to think that, why did I think that? We soon let go of each other, and looked away nervously. "I should get going, (P/G) wants to spend time with me before the week, and they may be back already.", "oh, before you go." Rob said, making me stop at the doorway and turn around. "Yes?" I asked. He went to say something, but only stuttered out a few syllables. "I-I.. never mind, I'll tell you later." He said, scratching the back of his head. I hummed and turned back around, making my way back home.

" if I stay up late enough I'll sleep through my aunt trying to wake me, and I won't have to go to school, ahah!"