-41-

"Dorky Smile."

Rob's p.o.v

I shook my head quickly as that last thought came to mind, (Y/N) would never forgive me if I actually destroyed Gumball, and that's the opposite of what I want. I glanced at my phone, picking it up, and scrolling through my contacts. 'I should just ask them, they didn't mean to cut the conversation short.' I thought to myself, texting (Y/N).

(Y/N)'s p.o.v

As I was fuming, my phone vibrated, and I swiftly picked it up, my hands shaking.

'(Y/N)! Hey, we never finished our convo! Who did you say you liked...?' Rob texted me. I just huffed, and put my phone down for a moment. 'Now's not a good time...' I thought to myself. I just sighed, and rolled over, not bothering to change into comfy clothes, as I attempted to ignore the buzzing from my phone. I groaned, as I realized it would only continue if I did nothing about it. Sitting up, I turned my phone back on and read the messages sent.

'Is it Gumball?'
'Sorry, That was a stupid question. Haha'
'I'm not annoying you, am I?'

I just silently shook my head, as I typed back a response, lying through the tips of my fingers.
'You're not annoying me, it's just...' I didn't know what else to say after that, it's like my mind went blank, like there was nothing else to say. I hit send, sighing as the message was left on read for about 3 minutes.

'Just what??' Rob asked. I didn't know what to say, nothing came to mind at all, even if I tried to think of something, it wasn't good enough to type down. A sudden rush of adrenaline courses through my veins, and I sprinted downstairs, jumping off of the last three. I slipped on a pair of (F/C) sneakers, and flung the door open, not bothering to close it as I jumped over the porches railing. Using the stairs would've been easier, but I didn't think of that at the time. I began sprinting up the street, small, shallow breaths escaping me with every step I made. I received multiple messages since I've left the house, but I ignored them, because I was on my way to see Rob. Finally giving in, I pulled out my phone while running, and looked at all the messages sent, which mostly contained comments of concern. While I was looking down at the phone, I didn't see the figure quickly approaching me, which ended in the both of us crashing to the ground, my phone clutched tightly in my hands.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to run into you like that!" I exclaimed, scrambling to my feet, and turning to help the person up. When I saw that it was Rob, my heart pounded in my chest, and my face heated up immediately, but I didn't care. After I helped Rob up, we dusted ourselves off, and the silence between us was awkward. I looked down at my feet, shuffling back awkwardly.

"So..." Rob trailed off nervously, looking to the side. Without warning, my hand darted out and I held one of his hands in both of mine, it was almost as if my heart was in control rather than my brain. "I- there's something- I-i.." I cut myself off, and took a deep breath. "I need to say something, okay?" I asked, nodding my head as I got silence as a response. "The person I like, I meant to tell them earlier, but I never really got the chance..." I said, my head hurting from all the pressure, and stress I was putting into one conversation. "The truth is... the truth is that..." I let go of his hand, and shoved my hands in my pockets. "It's you! I like you!" I blurted out, my hands balling into fists in my pockets. When I was greeted with silence, I took a few steps back, trying to stand my ground as best I could. I looked down again, and shut my eyes tightly, expecting to be rejected, insulted, anything would be better than this silence!

If you've ever been stressed about the fact that you're not stressed, then you know how I felt when I suddenly felt cold lips press against my cheek in a small kiss. My eyes snapped open in shock, and while my face looked relatively okay, it was practically on fire. I immediately tackled Rob into a hug, a dorky smile spread across my face, as if I had just won a game show. I heard Rob laugh, and hug me back, making my smile widen. "Truth is, (Y/N)... I've always liked you. I don't know when it started, but when I realized I liked you, everything got... brighter." He said softly.

For the rest of the day, we walked around, talking about things that've happened over the past week. Not much really changed after confessing, we still acted the same, we just saw each other differently now. When the day ended, Rob walked me back home, and we kissed each other on the cheek, before parting ways. As soon as I closed the door to my house, it felt as if my entirety had gone on overdrive, and my face was on fire. I went over to the kitchen table, and sat down, resting my head upon the wooden surface. I didn't notice (P/G), until they gently shook my shoulder, causing me to look up at them with that dorky smile still on my face.

"Woah, what happened to you?" They asked, wondering why I looked so happy after seeing me upset several hours back. "Not much..." I trailed off, going to lie my head back down on the table, until they spoke up again. "C'mon tell me!" (P/G) whined, kneeling down to my level, and giving me puppy dog eyes. I contemplated on it for a second before sitting up, and turning to face them. "So, you know Rob, right?" I asked casually, watching as they nodded, waiting for me to continue. "Well, we're together now." I continued, watching as
(P/G)'s face went from pleading to shocked, seems that my statement caught them off guard. "Wow, r-really?" They asked in disbelief, I could sense the happiness, but it sounded... fake. I'll ignore it for now, but if they act weirdly later on, I'm gonna have to intervene.

I scooted my chair back, and walked upstairs to my room, getting ready for bed, since today had been emotionally draining.

3rd Person p.o.v

As (Y/N) walked away, they didn't see the look on (P/G)'s face. It was a mixture of sorrow, and frustration. This... wasn't right, this wasn't right in (P/G)'s eyes. They weren't jealous, no no, they were fine (with/without) a special someone. It was something else that upset them... but what?

"I've got big plans for (P/G), but it'll be a little bit before the plan is revealed. I'm not gonna reveal too much though, so until then: Geeky Go Bye Bye!"