-31-

"Not a Kid."

(Y/N)'s p.o.v

I hummed in thought as I looked at all the packets of seeds on the shelves, while Rob was at the other side of the store, getting the supplies needed for gardening. I wasn't sure what Rob would want to work with, I never really asked him, which in retrospect was an error on my part.. eventually, I just sighed, rested my arm on the shelf, and began walking forward to push the packets into the small basket I was given at the entrance. When I reached the end of the isle, I figured that my basket was full enough, so I just walked off to the check out.

I tensed up when I saw that the store was being held at.. spoon point? The guy with the spoon was basically a giant finger print, and he was threatening Larry with the spoon. After a moment or so, my brain registered the voice the man had, and I recognized it as the guy who broke into my house. I dropped the basket with a moderately loud 'thunk', but the man in question was speaking loudly so he couldn't hear me. I slowly reached over and grabbed an umbrella off of the Five-Dollar Rack, and gripped it tightly, my mouth was dry, and I could feel myself fidgeting, but in the choice of fight or flight, I somehow chose fight.

"Hey!" I called out, frustrated when the man didn't hear me, I felt my cheeks heat up, as I spoke louder to get the guys attention. "HEY!" I shouted out, pointing the umbrella at him. Said man stopped talking, and turned to me with a shocked look, before laughing, I saw that his face was messed up a bit, as there was a slash going across it.

"Well, what do I got here? A little bit of entertainment before I get my stuff? Beat it kid!" He said threateningly, aiming the spoon at me, as if I was threatened at that. I grimaced as I felt the back of my neck heat up, I won't stand for that comment. "I.. am not.. a kid." I mumbled through gritted teeth, lunging at the man before he could retort with a sassy comment. "I'M A PRE-TEEN!" I shouted, swinging the umbrella at the man, who dodged it, I guess he learned from last night. I chased after the man, swinging my umbrella blindly, in hopes of hitting him, but he seemed to be a pro in the flight department. He threw the spoon at me, but I dodged that, making him panic, and grab one of those stands that hold the sunglasses, and push that towards me, Causing me to stumble a bit, looking down at the stand with a frustrated look, which was cut off when the guy lunged at me, and tackled me into a shelf of holiday cards, breaking it in half, and sending the cards flying.

I groaned as my back was still trying to heal from the bruises at the pool, but I grabbed both sides of my umbrella with both hands as the man in question got his spoon back, and tried slashing me with it, only to be blocked with said umbrella. Eventually I took the opportunity, and lifted my legs up, kicking him away from me, and into a tall shelf, which fell over, causing a domino effect to occur. 'I'm not paying for that.' I thought to myself, standing up and swinging my umbrella one more time, knocking the suspect out immediately. I huffed, and dropped the umbrella, walking back over to the checkout to pick up my basket. Larry seemed stunned, in some kind of autopilot mode, before he shook his head snapping out of it, and looked between me and the store in a shocked look.

"What- I- You, are you okay!?" He asked me, to which I responded with a yawn, I'm tired now, thanks to the man robbing the store. Larry went back into autopilot mode, and began scanning the packets of seeds, putting them in a grey plastic bag. By the time he was finished scanning, I saw Rob jog up to me with a worried look on his face.

"(Y/N), are you okay? What happened here?" He asked, looking around at the damage done by the fight. "Some idiot tried to Rob the store with a spoon, now he's knocked out. Other than that it's pretty chill, put your stuff on the conveyor belt." I said, waiting at the end with the bags, so I could hear the price of our purchase. "That'll be Ninety Dollars." Larry said, looking at me, as I went into my tote bag and pulled out my credit card, I have a card because (P/G) wanted me to start early so I wasn't so stressed about finance as an adult. As soon as Larry gave me back my card, we left the store, a headache plaguing me. "Are you sure you're okay (Y/N)? You look pale, and tired." Rob commented, making me give him a 'stop that.' Kind of look, causing him to look away from me, and mumble an apology. I sighed and looked forward again, as we kept walking. "My back won't be doing so well, I think he put bruises on my bruises." I said, reaching back and patting my back, only to flinch at the stinging feeling that it caused.

"Sorry, If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask." Rob said, making me smile slightly, I like friends like that, the type of friends that actually care. "I'll let you know then, but for now, we need to sort through and put away your new gardening supplies." I said, lifting up the plastic bag full of seed packets.