Chapter 3: When it all started

Azelia's P.O.V

It has been a whole year that has passed by and its now the middle of march, my second term of 11th grade. People seem to have finally forgotten about the chemistry incident. That's a relief, at least now everyone will stop staring and pointing fingers and stop laughing at me. I come off as cute or maybe average pretty but if that isn't the reason people stare then I don't want them to. Just kidding! Maybe I might even be below average but even if I was above average I still wouldn't want the attention.

After my morning classes I head to the cafeteria and begin eating my homemade sandwich. I was never a fan of the food they served here. Nathan isn't at school, I really wish he was. How could he miss a Monday! Or miss any day at all? He knows I only enjoy his company. Everybody else is annoying to me. Plus now it will be harder to ignore all the chatter around me.

It sucks eating alone! Normally he would be here teasing me about how horrible I eat or something and make me laugh, now no one is. He would distract me from everything else and I needed that. It hasn't exactly been easy this term with being laughed at everywhere I go but he made it less difficult. I'm totally upset with him right now. Why didn't he text me telling me he wouldn't be here today in the first place!? However, I am definitely not going to try and talk to anybody else.

I start to get uncomfortable at the large table by myself so I decided to just leave the cafeteria and eat lunch outside. As I steadily walk towards the exit with my tray I bump into someone and I could tell from the hard impact of his chest that its a boy.

"You dumbass! Are you blind!? Look where you're going!!"

When I looked at my sandwich and apple juice on the floor, all I could do was snap. I had already been in a bad mood now this. Another incident to draw attention towards me and I will have to handle a repeat of what was fading.

"Hey, Azelia! Long time no see".

I hear the unknown voice and instantly look up. Two seconds of a look and I'm speechless. Half firm jawlines, a tall figure, blue glossy eyes and his hair is amazing. Its so black, so shiny! My heart feels lithe and no words could come out of my mouth and I just want to stare. This feeling I feel is the second in a lifetime. No not now! Not yet!

Before, I was prepared to flip over and argue without caring but now I am utterly speechless. I cannot believe my eyes. I can't help but look him up and down. About a hundred thoughts rush through my head in a complete second. And I know my face held no cute expression. I am making it obvious that I am liking everything I look at.

Aiden laughs surprisedly and says, "okay I was not expecting to meet you again in this way but I like it. You got fire, I like a little danger. I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you. Lets have lunch together."

I could have said yes. I could have said no. But what did I do? I ran out of the cafeteria because we were already the center of attention and my lips wouldn't move. How embarrassing!

I ran straight through the halls and didn't stop until I was out in the sunlight. I quickly found one of the outdoor benches and just took breathes in and out. My heart is racing! Its not that its a bad thing meeting him. Its just that I wasn't ready to meet him as yet. Now I'll maybe have to go back on my word which I considered not be an option.
...

Its time for the last class of the day. I'm glad because I'll finally get to go home and scream in a pillow or something. Imagine seeing him from now on. I bet he is one of the students on the new transfer program. That means he might stay or won't. If he does, at least he will be at higher grade judging by the way he looks. I want him to stay then I don't.