Chapter 17: You are still mine

"Oh, darling! What's happening!? You need to tell us. Who were they and did they hurt you!? Please tell us!" My mom managed to ask between sobs.

She was obviously crying all day. Seeing her swollen face made sadness rush down on my face and I couldn't help but burst into tears. My dad kneeled down and hugged both of us. We were stuck in that position for a few minutes. What eludes me is how I didn't come home to police cars parked outside or see my face on missing posters by now. My mother would have done the most but not this time. Why?

"Are you involved in anything? Are you doing drugs? Where did those thugs take you? What did they do to you?" Dad asked.

He doesn't ask if I'm okay or question me about who took me. Somehow something is different about this situation but I can't put my finger on it just yet. I wonder if he knew about Aiden he would approve of him for me. Then again he gets along with him so well and they both have told me they are business partners. Wait! What if my dad already knows! No thats not it, can't be it.

"Please dear, answer us." Mom cried.

Somehow someting is off, I can't shake the gut feeling. My gut feelings always end up right so this scares me. They seem more interested in me answering their questions than actually ensuring I am okay. I was kidnapped. I could have been killed or even worst before being killed. Yet they seem to be concerned but not as much. They could have called the police to search for me. I wouldn't want that now that I know certain things but its the effort I wanted to see. It would even seem as if they have a reason to not be as worried. Weird.

"I really want to but I am really tired. I am not in any trouble and yes I am safe. We are safe so you don't have to worry about an reoccurrence of events. Just please give me a little time to clear my head." I told them while getting off my knees.

Mom debated with dad a little but I ran upstairs before they could stop me. I locked the door and jumped into bed. I am sure mom will be knocking on my door very soon, like always. It was just 7:06pm but I was tired, fustrated and confused. It's kind of hard to take in all the horrible things I've been through so far and I'm afraid more will come. I won't survive all of them.

A couple of men almost cut my throat, and Allie pointed a gun to my face. Not to mention Nathan is a criminal gang leader, also Aiden turns out to be a big time drug lord. Allie is inlove with Nathan and she blames me for her brother leaving her family.

"Why does it always feel like everything revolves around me?" I say out loud while squeezed my pillow over my face.

Its been roughly an hour and still no knock on my door. Still no sound of my mother's voice. I didn't want her to come but I feel disappointed that she hasn't as she has always done. That small aggravating habit I hated, now I realize how much it means to me. I have always wanted to stop being treated like the child I'm not but it doesn't feel as good as I thought.

As of tonight I have a gut feeling that everything is about to change, and that feeling is never wrong. I was so lost in thought, I didn't realize I had fallen asleep.

11:13pm

Boooooffffff!!!!!!

A loud noise awoke me suddenly. I jumped up, being frightened by the sound. I look around the moon lit room with purple wallpaper and white furniture to see if anything had fallen.

Booooofffff!!!!!!

I hear the noise again and it seemed as if a stone hit my window. If my window wasn't made of such hard glass it would have broken by now. The sound suddenly seemed familiar and a memory of Nathan sneaking into my room at night arose in my mind.