Chapter 9: Back to home

Azelia's P.O.V

I've made a complete new life here in New York. So much time has passed and things have finally looked up. I'm happy.

I don't miss my old hometown at all anymore. Infact it was a place of so many negativity that only affected me but I will still hold on to the good that happened. I have made alot of friends here. Yes I have gotten over my social anxiety and started to be open to new experiences and people. Aiden and I have started our relationship and so far its going very well.

He has brought me out mostly which is also new to me because I have always stayed in. He does the same thing my father does. They are both business men but working with different companies. Aiden didn't bring me to clubs, he brought me to dinner parties and fancy functions. I haven't been able to attend all he has invited me to because of college but I look forward to being with him more now that its summer break.

So far my first semester wasn't bad. I was suprised to meet alot of relatives of the people Aiden has socialized with here and they make me feel comfortable. Turns out Aiden is a wealthy nineteen year old. My father also has been sky rocketing too which is good for them both. I hope to make my own money some day too. Aiden keeps telling me I don't need college because he will take care of me but a bitch is gonna chase her own bag no matter what. My father turned my mom into a housewife which I do not see for myself.

I still haven't chosen what to major in so I take multiple courses. I hope it would have come to me by now but I still don't know what I want to become. I never had a set career choice, ever. It will come to me by the end of summer though. I hope.

I woke up earlier this morning from a weird dream, it was 4:54 am. I dreamt of going home and seeing Nathan again but he didn't look the same as when I last saw him. The dream was strange, I was walking towards him then he kept on walking towards me but we could never reach each other. I called out to him and I woke up instantly.

What a weird dream, I was at ease until now. I must tell my mom about this. I had dreams like this frequently but it has been so long. After brushing my teeth I run downstairs still wearing my pajamas. She is in the kitchen preparing breakfast so I decide to help while telling her what I've dreamt.

To my suprise her reply was, "oh, what a coincidence, dear I got a suprise!"

My dad enters the kitchen and butts in, "we're going to Rosepelt for summer vacation."

It feels like a brick fell on my head. "Wait you're being serious?"

Both my parents have confused looks on their faces.

"We thought you would be happy because you were the one who didn't want to leave. We know that you might miss the beach and so on. Carl also has business to deal with there." my mom says.

"You made me start a new life here, now I have to leave it behind too, and start living back in the first one, I'm fustrated!" I state.

"Azelia you are turning eighteen in the next few months, you need to neglect your childish behavior and start acting your age!" my dad scolds. "Its just a summer vacation. We did not say we are moving back."

"Hunny your life won't change and it didn't change the day you left either, you just got to experience new places and meet new people, that's what you should do you know." my mom explains. "I know why you are acting this way but it will all be okay."

"I know its because you want to go dad. Not because I miss the beach or anything. I'm not a child anymore you can just be honest with me." I say to him. "And mom please stop covering for him. You always do that."