Chapter 37 - The time is near

I feel a smile stretch across my face.

"I don't know what to say right now because I have never seen you this way. This is not the Azelia I know. Thats why I slapped you, to slap the real you back into your body because this cry baby attitude doesn't make anything better and its not you!" She finishes.

She's right, this is my lowest I've ever been. I would deal with my sadness and do what I have to keep moving forward. I forgot how tough I am and since I've come home all I do is cry. Some days I would feel my strength come back but more and more it faded. I need to find myself again.

"Thank you cam. I needed to hear that." I get up and hug her.

"You're always welcome." She hugs me back.

As I pull out of her I say, "but slap me again and I'll kill you."

She laughs, "now thats the Azelia I know."

What's done is done. Nathan and I are no more and its time to finally get over it all. I'll give my mom all the time she needs before she is herself again and I'll learn how to cope with everything else. If Aiden doesn't contact me then I won't worry over it. Its time I realized that none of this will mount to anything good in the end.

"You've decided?" Cam asked.

"Yeah." I answer.

"Good, you have decided what to do about all of this. Now lets lighten the mood and go watch a movie." She says.

"Oh, by the way Cam." I say.

She hums in response.

I smirk, "Nathan is better."

One week later

One more week has passed and shit is still the same. Even though I've been more emotionally in control, I still feel empty inside.

"How about we go out of town?" Cam asks looking at resorts on her phone.

"And what makes you think we have money to do that?" I laugh.

"Not us, your dad. His bank account is thicker than a snicker." She says in a 'duh' voice.

"Even if, when would I get to ask him?" I also say in a 'duh' voice.

"Just write him a note and leave it on his car window." She shrugs.

"Hmmm... Maybe just maybe." I say and we both laugh.

I've been laughing alot lately. Whenever something bothered me or made me feel sad I would just make a joke out of it to feel better. It doesn't take all the sadness away but it helps.

I search through a pile of laundry and pick out all of my mother's clothes. I would wash dad's but weirdly I can't find a single thing of his in the dirty laundry.

"I wonder where he puts his clothes. Because I seem to can't find any of his." I furrow my brow.

"Who? Mr. McCreek?" She asks and I nod. "Maybe he leaves them at his mistress's house."

"What!?" I ask quickly.

"I'm joking ofcourse." She laughs. "But my father often left his stuff at his mistress's house. Its not an uncommon thing you know. Alot of married men have women on the side."

"Thats not my dad." I say simply.

"I was joking at first but come to think of it." She twists her mouth to the side squints her eyes.

"Am listening." I say.

"Where do you think he spends his days and some nights? You told me he said he isn't working in the summer right now and your mom has been depressed and unstable lately." She explains.

"My father is not the type. He loves my mom." I reply.

"But still-"

I cut her off, "he would never okay. Its something else."

She comes off the topic, "okay... So are we deciding what to do or where to go on your birthday or what?"

...

I bring my mother's dinner up the stairs.

I knock on the door, "mom, I brought you dinner. If you open the door we can both sit and eat. I'll talk with you just like you would with me whenever I was sad or down. Just please answer me."

I stand for about a minute waiting for a reply I didn't get. I sigh and put the plate on the ground.

"Stay away from him." I hear her say faintly.

I suddenly feel a rush of happiness.

"Finally! You don't know how much I needed to hear your voice again." I say happily.

"Stay away from Carl." She whispers.

"From dad? Why would I!??" I ask very confused.

I can hear her walk closer to the door. "Please baby, I can't tell you why but you and Camila need to leave here before its too late. Please go!!!"

I kept asking and asking. I called her name until I cried but she stopped talking after she said that.

"I'm confused mom!" I burst out into tears which I've been trying to hold back for so long.

Nathan's P.O.V

"Get ready! We're doing this tonight." I tell everyone and they hurry up.

"How many should we bring boss?" Asks Jaden.

"Make sure everybody has atleast two and bring the big ones." I inform him and he moves back to work.

I look down at everyone getting ready for what is about to go down. I knew that they wouldn't believe me when I told them Anthony didn't come here that night. They knew exactly where he was going and they knew that only one thing could have caused him to not come back. They left but I knew they would secretly plot against us especially when they haven't seen Anthony and the others come back. We have to get rid of the coldbloods first, besides now that Anthony is dead it won't be as difficult.

Aiden's P.O.V

"Its almost time mother." I look at the stars.

She joins me at the balcony.

"Son I know you don't want this." She says while rubbing my hair.

"I can't escape it mom. I'm a member of this long legacy in the family. Someone who is a member of the family is the only one who can. I won't allow Allie to live this life." I say firmly.

"Everything will be okay, I promise you." She assures me. "When will I see this girl?"

"You will see her very soon. And in less than two days you will be able to call her your daughter in law."