Chapter 6: How our hearts departed

Azelia's P.O.V

"Babe stop pulling me, you know I can't swim!" I scream as Nathan pulls me into the water.

"Don't worry, your boy gotchu!" he keeps on saying.

"Don't you trust me?" he asks with a cute pout. "Don't you?"

"Oh I trust you alright. More than anyone else in this world." I ensure him.

I let him carry me into the water, half an hour later I'm swimming. Surprising but yes I am. I have never tried it before because of fear but he convinced me and look at me now. He has such a positive effect on me. Mom thinks so too and my dad hasn't made a comment or complaint about our relationship either. He has been helping me get over my anxiety and developing more self confidence. He has loved the things about me that I hate. I'm so lucky!

We got out of the water, and sat on the sand watching the sunset. Beaches are so romantic with a sunset. Oh! It feels so right here with him. Who would of thought, us a couple! But it makes sense, I see that now. Its been a good seven months and my birthday is just a week away. I'm so excited! My sweet sixteen, finally! I am finally catching up to him even if I never will. He has just turned seventeen and won't shut up about it but he is not much older than me, just an one year gap. His birthday was last month, November 19.

Being into astrology, I never pictured that I would match well with a scorpio. The signs I have pictured myself most compatible with are a leo, gemini or aquarius. It really doesn't matter in this case though. I'll just add scorpio to my list and make it four.

I got him this cute shirt with our photos printed on the front. I tried to get a watch customized but its not done in a small town as this. Rosepelt has a total of one hospital, one high school, one junior high, two kindergartens, three supermarkets, a couple stores, over forty households, a pet daycare and a baby daycare center, a movie theatre, a police station and an amusement park. No colleges, no fancy restaurants, no malls or any of those. Our town is quite mediocre. However, it keeps expanding and more people settle here every year. Its quite peaceful though, except from within the schools which are highly toxic to mental health.

He loved the shirt so much that he wore it three times in a row without washing it. I am glad it means so much to him, that means I mean alot to him. And that makes me fall asleep smiling at nights. We are now the school's well known couple. Funny how people start wanting to be friends all of a sudden. Not to mention I have to be careful too because alot the girls don't actually want to be friends. They have proven to me to only be interested in stepping their feet into our relationship. I never had to worry about getting replaced or cheated on though, another reason why I say I'm lucky to have him.

"I think the sea is in love with the sun." He says breaking the silence.

"Really, why?" I ask leaning against him.

"Because they remind me of us." He replies.

"So which am I?" I question.

He lifts my chin up so that he can look me in the eye. "The sea is deep and no one can find its end. I'm like the sea because my love for you is endless." I blush and he continues, "you are like the sun because you are super hot!"

"Can't say I didn't expect it. You can be so romantic and goofy at the same time." I giggle.

"Actually I-" my phone rings and cuts him off.

I look at the caller ID, its my mom.

I answer it. "Hey mom."

"Darling come home ASAP! And don't bring Nathan its super urgent!" She says and hangs up before I could respond.