Chapter 39 - And finally, the truth comes out

He brings me to a room that must be his. I look around the large room. A king size bed, fancy wallpapers, bookshelves, a work area with a desk and chair, a door to our left that leads to a complete room which is his closet, more expensive furniture and infront a glass wall to reveal a beautiful view of the lake. It is beautiful and organized.

"Crime really pays doesn't it." I say not removing my upset face.

"You won't understand the half of whats going on. You think you are upset now? Wait until by the end of the tonight." He says with an emotionless face.

"What's that suppose to mean!?" I walk closer to him and stare fearlessly into his eyes. "I'm tired of everyone giving me hints and not telling me whats really going on!"

"You don't want all this and I realize now I only thought I did but I started thinking for myself and I don't." He turns away. "I've been told who I must be, what I have to do and need to do all my life and been manipulated. I have never been myself here, so I thought running from it would be better but I was wrong. I can't escape my fucked up life and I can't pretend to not be a mentally fucked up person anymore."

I suddenly feel even more confused and sad at the same time. "I have been realizing stuff too. Like, I have never really known you at all. Our relationship has been one built on you pretending. So I question if you ever really meant anything you told me or ever really genuinely wanted to smile at me whenever you did."

As I say that I hear the sound of motorcycles approaching. It sounds like a whole lot of them.

Aiden closes his eyes and exhales. "Not right now! I gotta go, see you at dinner."

He leaves just like that, saying nothing more. I walk to the glass wall and look down. My eyes widen when I see over a hundred men. Some on motorcycles and some in cars. The ones on the motorcycles are all dressed in blue and I know its the Evils. The ones in the cars are all dressed in red. When I see them I quickly step back.

"What are the Coldbloods doing here!?" I say out loud.

I think back and I remember their leader is dead. His death has to be causing suspicion. Do they think the Evils are responsible? No they can't because both the gangs seem to have arrived here together. I thought the Coldbloods were allies with only the Blackhearts. Have they allied with the Evils now!?

I feel my chest tighten as Nathan flashes accross my mind and I run downstairs to find Cam.

"Where are you running to angel?" Asks my father.

I stop instantly and turn around to see some maids setting the table. Catherine and him are both watching and stood close to one another, a little too close.

"Nothing, just looking for Aiden." I lie.

"He's dealing with something right now but he will join us soon." Catherine speaks clinging onto my fathers hand and I feel disdain. "Would you please call the others to come and have dinner. We have so much to discuss."

I leave and go to the living room quickly. I hear laughter and stop. I see Cam and Allie watching something on Allie's phone. I don't know what it is but its making both of them laugh.

"Hey you two. You seem to be getting along." I say suprised.

"I got to say she's not that bad." Cam says in laughter.

"You're not that bad yourself." Allie also adds.

"They want us at the dinner table right now." I tell them and they both get up off the sofa.

I grab Cam's hand and pull her to the side. She looks at me and raises her eyebrow.

"Something is not right." I whisper. "The coldbloods are here."