Chapter 35 - Closer to the truth

Aiden's P.O.V

"Why are we here?" I ask.

He doesn't answer me. I put my hand on the keys and start the car. The suttle noise comes from the engine and he still remains silent. I get ready to drive back but I finally see the door open. Out comes Azelia dragging Camila behind her. She is wearing a long black T-shirt and the sight makes my heart cringe. I press the gas and drive pass. She sees but ignores us. She doesn't know thats its us either.

She stops at her doorstep and looks back at the abandoned-looking house. At the window where she is staring I see a male figure. That was all I needed to see to know.

"Not my fault." I hear an amused snicker to my left.

"So you finally speak?" I ask angrily.

"I only speak when something is needed to be said." He replies. "And its clear this isn't my fault."

"A deal is a deal and you know what happens if it doesn't go my way." I say still staring infront of me.

"I made a deal with Magose, not his messed up son." He says.

I grip the wheel tighter. "My father might be dead but you're not gonna fuck me over. If you do then lets just say you won't live to break another deal."

He laughs amusingly, "kill me!? Naa you won't because with me dead by your hands will make it even harder than it already is!"

"Remember who is at the downfall if this deal goes downhill!" I yell.

"Maybe I was before but now its totally in my advantage." He smirks.

"Say what!? Hahaha!! How so?" I grin.

"If it goes downhill, I will be at a great loss but you won't let it go downhill because what you will lose means more to you than even money." He torments. "Years ago, you hated your father's decision but now your so hooked that you would do anything to keep the deal. Even taking being cheated on and put second, you've become so weak. Thats why I don't do love. The only thing I love is my lil angel but who knows, maybe he might be better for her than you."

I smirk, "maybe you are right. But let me tell you something about our lil angel. She always makes the worst decisions and chooses the worst option."

...

His phone rings and stops the silence in the car. He ignores and doesn't bother to even check the caller ID. It rings for about the tenth time, he still ignores. Then my phone begins to ring. I pull it out of my pocket. Its Azelia!

I look to my left and smirk, "hello?"

Azelia's P.O.V

Two seconds in and I can already hear the TV. Shit is dad home!?

"Cam?" I whisper.

I hear no answer and before I could turn around Cam runs right pass. She falls on the stairs making a loud scream. I swear I can't take her when she's drunk. I expect to hear my mother reacting to us coming home past 11:00 and drunk but instead I hear small sniffs. I turn to the living room area only to see three burnt out cigarettes, scattered white substance all over the table and a crackhead looking mother. I cover my mouth and gasp. This is the first I've seen my mom this way, what could have caused her to get like this.

"Oh my fu-"

"Go... Go! Leave!!!" She spatts at me.

"Mo-"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!! I love you! Darling!" She begins to snicker and I start to get creeped out.

I sit down beside her and hug her tightly. She sinks into my chest and starts to breakdown. I patt her head and stay silent. She is high on drugs and this is not something she would do. Something is terribly wrong.

I patt her head once more and she pushes me off. Still crying she pushes me even harder. I try to hold her but I am not the strongest of females.

"Run! RUN!!!!!" she screams. "LEAVE!!! I don't want them to hurt my angel!"

She grabs a pen and I get the feeling she might hurt me so I run for the stairs. Surprisingly I don't see Cam passed out on the stairs. I rush to my room and lock the door behind me. I lean against it and ketch my breath. Still freaked out I pull my phone out quickly. I call my father about ten times and still don't get an answer. Now I'm worried for both my parents. So I dial the only number I could call at this moment.

"Hello?"

"Aiden I need you here right now. I don't know what to do I feel like am losing my sanity!" I now realize I'm crying. "Pleeeeaaasssseeee!"

He replies, "don't worry babe. I'm on my way."

I quickly change into my pajamas and hide Nathan's shirt in my dirty laundry.

Aiden's P.O.V

"Aiden I need you here right now. I don't know what to do I feel like am losing my sanity!" She sobs. "Pleeeeaaasssseeee!"

I reply, "don't worry babe. I'm on my way."

I hang up the phone and turn around the car. I speed towards her direction. I keep a smirk on my face but I say nothing. I have just proven to not be in second place.

"You sure you want my daughter to see us together?" Carl asks. "You do know that I am suppose to be the scary dad, thats how teenage boyfriends should view a father of their girlfriend. We shouldn't be seen as friends."

"Friends?" I scoff. "You are a business deal, nothing more than that."

He replies, "my daughter might be young but she knows whats right. I am a messy business man with dirty hands but one thing that is not apart of all this shit is my daughter. The fact that you think of her as business makes me glad you aren't the one she will choose."

"I said you are a business deal, I did not say Azelia is. Infact Azelia is the only good thing in my fucked up life." I retort. "You speak of her as if I am the one who used her to join a partnership! She didn't even want this and up to this day she doesn't even know she will takeover th-"

He sticks a gun to my head, "I love my baby girl and I will do everything to ensure her safety. I did what I did for a reason. If you were smart you would have known the reason by now. She will understand one day but for now just focus on making her happy!"

I slap the gun away from my head, "only thing keeping you alive is her. Don't make me do something I will regret Carl."

He grins and sits back in his seat. Two minutes after we pull up by her house. He gets out of the car and I do the same. None of us exchange a sentence as we enter. The lights are all off and he didn't bother to turn any on. He walks up the stairs not seeming to care where I would go. I follow shortly behind and turn opposite to him.

I knock on Azelia's door. Before even three seconds it cracks open. I enter and see her friend sleeping on the bed. I take a few more steps and she runs into my arms with so much force that I fell. She grips me tightly and sobs into my chest.

"Its okay, you can talk to me." I whisper and lift her up.

I bring her back downstairs and set us down on the couch. It is dark but not dark enough that we needed lights to see. She continues to cry and I caress her head knowing that when she was ready she will talk. I now realize she is no longer wearing the black T-shirt. The thought made me clench my teeth and fists but all could do after is sigh. Why can't I be mad at her? I internally curse but smile to myself.

I continue to play with her hair until I no longer hear her sobbs. I look down at her and she is sleeping soundly. I smile once more seeing her peaceful face. If only we had met in different circumstances. Would I have truly loved you the right way then?