Chapter 16: Secrets

Azelia's P.O.V

"So he kept that much of a secret!? I guess if y'all had everything in the relationship, you didn't have trust. But without trust, there really isn't a relationship. So sad!" She teased.  "Now how can you tell me about having bad taste in men when our tastes are much similar."

"We are far from similar." I scoff.

"Come think of it you're actually right. Nathan trusts me." She says proudly.

"Again." I roll my eyes and sigh. "It takes both persons to clarify the relationship. Stop letting yourself look stupid owning someone who definitely has no interest in owning you. You know that but you rather just make up the whole thing. I bet you make love to that imaginary Nathan too. So sad!"

Laughter scatters across the room once again. This time they all laughed even when Allie pointed the gun at them. If she is the leader now, they are certainly not with her. But if so, why do they make her remain?

When the laughter ended Allie was so puffed, it was scary. I decided to say something.

"I remember that day I went walking, when I saw you and Nathan with another guy. I stopped to hide and listen. After everything was over, you asked him to go out with you. And his response wasn't so adorable because he rejected you without saving your feelings. What a pitty you became so stupid. Its okay to fantasize but its something people shouldn't confuse with reality. Nathan doesn't love you and he told you that he never will. So why pretend?" I tell her not being cocky but actually meant her good by my words.

Allie looks up at me, face even more puffed. She points the gun at me and I know she was going to pull the trigger. I close my eyes, I will never beg or gravel at my feet to her. So if I'm going to die, so be it...

"Drop the gun." I hear a familiar voice say calmly as it echoes.

I open my eyes and turn only to see Aiden at the door. He looked calm and suttle even with an injured foot and broken nose. He leaned at one side and folded his arms. At that moment he was looking so hooootttttt! And the beaten up look made it more so.

All the men had weapons but when they saw Aiden, not one would raise any. They all stayed quiet and respectful.

"Brother, I tho-o-ought...." Allie stuttered while lowering her gun.

"Yes, I did, now I'm back." He said.

He looks so serious and unafraid. I have never even seen him get completely mad. It scares me, I never viewed him like this. He is always smiling or laughing. However, I stayed quiet and observed.

"I w-was ju-ust..." Allie stuttered more, obviously shaking.

"Save it, I heard about everything when I got here. You turned our family legacy into a joke. We were organized and doing well in business now two other shitty excuses of tryna be copies are taking over. How did we move from top to bottom? And who put you incharge!?" Aiden scoffs.

"And by the way, my fucking face still hurts. I knew it was you goons instantly. Stood out with the big Evils on the shirts. How fucking immature and stupid have you all become? Have we ever used fucking logos!? Are you motherfucking superhereos or grown men!?" He starts issuing insult after insult. "I'm going to kill the one who punched and shot me along with the other ediot who put hands on my girl. But I'll deal with that later. I won't spill any blood tonight but I will tomorrow."

He doesn't look at me while he stands infront of Allie and I.

"Sorry, after dad died. You were gone so I had to take over. Mom never cared at all so I had to. But I'm not very good at it. Sorry for what happened this morning. I didn't know you were back. I didn't tell him to punch you. I'm sorry." Allie apologized.

Aiden only smirked. "Oh you knew and knew exactly what you were doing. You knew very well but I'll settle with you later."

"THE REAL MAN IS HERE! WE HAVE BEEN LOWED BUT ALL THAT'S GONNA CHANGE BECAUSE I'M BACK. LET ME HEAR YOU SAY...EVILSSSS!!!!!!!!" Aiden shouted.

All you could hear around the room is "EVILS...EVILS...EVILS!!!!"

For a second I almost forgot I was tied to a chair, all that's happening  made me wonder off in thought. Aiden has lied all this time.

He walks over to me and kisses me gently before he untied me. I could only try to stand up but I was feeble due to the long hours of being tied to one spot.

"Don't worry you're safe. I'm sorry, I'll get you home. Tomorrow I'll explain all this to you. Please understand why I kept this a secret. It wasn't a life I wanted." He said.

"Okay" was all I could say at the moment. I just didn't feel like talking. The whole reason I've tried to forget Nathan even after reuniting and being with him is because Nathan was a gang leader, and now he turns out to be one too. Is it just me or am I just unlucky when it comes on to men. Do I really attract criminals?

...

When I stepped out of the car, Aiden told me goodnight and a sweet 'I love you' then drove off. I didn't respond. I walk inside only to fall in the embrace of my concerned parents. It was not long before they started to drown me with questions.