Chapter 8: Ignition

Azelia's P.O.V

Its been months since I've left my home town. New York is wonderful and I am doing alright I guess. I recently graduated from yet another high school. I will be attending college next year which means I just have a short time to settle the idea.

My parents and I still have a rocky relationship but its been that way from the very start. I hardly see my dad and mom is still at home everyday and talks to her friends on the phone. We talk from time to time but I am still private at heart. They are happy but I'm not. After experiencing that intense heartbreak, I've learnt how to hide my sadness well enough to fool those around me.

Time has past swiftly and I am still hung up and not over Nathan. It feels wrong trying to get over him because he did nothing to deserve to be forgotten. I wonder if he has forgotten about me? I wouldn't blame him if he did. I just hope his heart isn't as heavy as mine. Its not a bearable feeling.

The people I have met here aren't different from those back in Rosepelt, no genuineness. Well to be honest I've only gotten one friend here. I met Camila at my new school and we became close. She is a libra. I love her energy and I think she isn't like the other girls I've met. She is fun, energetic, goofy and is herself. She has big brown eyes and long curly dark brown hair. Her body is curvier than the old roads in Rosepelt. And those roads are hella curvy! Nathan still stands out though, him I can never replace. She calls me her bestfriend but I never call her mine. It feels wrong.

Who gets over their first love easy? And to be honest I don't want to get over him. I wish he was here everyday and added to my load, I didn't just leave my first love I left my best friend too.

I get dreams about him from time to time, however as I'm about to walk towards him I wake up. These dreams give me heartache, I want them to stop. I would look out my window each day with my eyes filled with tears. But not today, I decided my life has taken a different path so I should look towards my future and leave my past behind me no matter how painful it is to. He most definitely has moved on by now.

Besides Nathan might not even remember me. Maybe he even has a new girlfriend now, even a new bestfriend. I was always the nonchalant girlfriend. Never went with him to any of the parties he was invited to, never been wild, never even gotten intimate. All we did were what I was comfortable with like watching movies, reading books and going to the beach. I never truly thought I made him happy but he didn't once complain.

Thinking of this makes me even more sad. I needed to clear my head so I decide to take a walk on this shady Sunday morning.
I head outside. I just keep walking and walking as if I'm trying to find my shadow. I stop at my favourite Coffee Shop and get myself a latte. My body is here but my mind is back home.

I continue to stroll on the busy sidewalk beside the busy street. The noise makes me think less and that helps honestly. I got tired and stopped at a bench. A tear escapes my left eye but I wipe it away with my index finger. I sit for I don't know how long when a boy looking about my age sits down beside me. I didn't even look at him, I was too lost in my own head.

"Heartbreak is it?" the stranger asks.

His voice sounds deep but calming. I did want someone to talk to. I could of called Camila but I wasn't sure if I wanted to vent to her. I trust her but I don't think our friendship is there yet. Talking to a stranger wouldn't hurt. He won't know me so he won't know who I'm talking about.

"I guess its obvious then." I mumble.

I then remember the saying 'has your mother ever told you not to talk to strangers' and giggle out loud.

"I know it had to be something like that. Regardless that you always have been reserved, you have never looked this sad." he says.

He spoke as if he knows me.

"What do you mean? Do I know you? Do you know me!?" I question now too afraid to look at him.

But what harm could he do in a public place like this?  So I swallow my fear and turn my head slightly. Enough to look at him and he was already looking straight into my eyes. I know him, he is definitely familiar. His pitch black hair sparkles in the sun and his blue orbs.

This feels like de sha vu. This must be a sign but of course I know its Aiden again, no doubt about that. Only now he's much more good looking. It took a couple seconds but it wasn't hard. Even his voice has changed. Along with his stature and built. He has continued to grow handsomely.

"I think you know exactly who I am." he says while he hands me an apple. "Here, this apple is for good luck, it will mend your broken heart."

It was the same thing he gave me back in kindergarten and I've eaten an apple daily since then. I stopped last year because it would constantly remind me of him which I didn't want. As mom said, I needed to let go of that fantasy and I did. I did indeed recover the first time he gave me an apple, fast too. My doctor called it a miracle. I take the apple and hesitate to bite it.

"Are you shy or do I intimidate you that much that you are afraid to eat it. Its not drugged Azelia." he says in laughter.

For once a mood swing hasn't taken me over. Last time I cursed at him which he took lightly. I could again but no, not this time.

Instead I just smiled and said, "You are not intimidating and I am not scared of you."

He leans to my ear and says, "you say that now but you might end up liking to be scared of someone like me. I make it pleasurable."

"I- how are you here?" I ask.

"I've been watching you for a long time now. You may not see me but I see you. I see days when your happy, even days when your sad. I've seen you with your boyfriend or your bestfriend, whoever he is to you." he states and I hear a bit of jealousy in his voice.

Why does it always seem like a dream when I see him? He just drops in and out throughout my life and then disappears. This time may not be any different. He appears and says things to get me excited then leaves me to constantly think on it. Please not again. I cannot take any more on top of this load I carry.

"I'm not good with admitting how I truly feel but this time its worth it." He speaks again. "I want to get to know you. I like you Azelia. Always have but it was never the right time. It finally is now."

Yeah right! I used to easily believe anything but I'm not the same anymore.

He leans into my ear again. "I want to own your heart, body and soul."

I close my eyes and begin to figet. Nathan and I have had private moments but he never tried to get intimate. I kind of wished he would have tried back then. Then I was okay with us not going over that line.

He moves away and smirks. "Good. If someone else other than I had touched you that would make me angry."

I am not sure what he meant but he isn't the first person to meet me and instantly know that I am a virgin. Most likely that is what he meant and he is being way more creepy than before.

"Can I take you to dinner sometime?" He asks.

I turn to look at him. "I will admit that I had a huge crush on you back then. I might still do but I am not ready to date again."

He quickly cuffs my face and I was about to scream but he landed his lips against mine. The birds around us all flew away and the noisy surroundings seemed to silence. This wasn't like kissing Nathan, not close to it. Aiden explores every inch of my mouth. I can taste him and he is tasting me.

As he pulls away he puts a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm not taking no for an answer. You are mine from now on."

I couldn't speak. My lips are still wet from his kiss. He looks intensely into my eyes and didn't care if anyone was looking. I couldn't hide the feelings that came rushing back. I haven't felt this way in so long.

"Let me bring back meaning to your life and heal your heart. Be mine and you will never feel heart broken again. Let me love you."

I didn't answer but I leaned into his lips again.