Chapter 27 - One can only wish

Azelia's P.O.V

"Dad are you still mad at me. I was just a little off this morning. Can we forget it?" I ask my father who is looking a bit red.

I jump into him and give him a big tight hug. I can feel his body ease and he hugs me back. "You are forgiven."

"Carl, you will never admit it but you have the softest heart with your daughter." My mom grins.

"She is my little angel." He pats my head.

I pull away and pout, "daddy I'm not little anymore."

"Behaving like that sure makes you look that way." Camila laughs. We all start laughing.

...

"So who is he?" Camila lays on my bed with her head resting on both of her fists.

"Who is who?" I ask.

"Aiden was here with your parents all morning, helping when I arrived here. So you weren't with him." She tells.

"I guess. So?" I ask again.

"You're all red under the eyes and you're glowing. I only look that way when I think I'm inlove and I've been in love many times so I know." She looks me up and down.

"Its because I saw Aiden. We kind of had a fight the other night, kind of. I thought he wouldn't speak to me again after that but I see him here. Its enough to make a girl feel good." I say.

I was super happy to see him of course but I wasn't only red because of that.

"Oh for real? That boy adores you Azelia." she smiles.

"From now on just call me Zee. Its easier to say." I inform her.

She raises an eyebrow. "Zee? Why get a badass nickname? Are you in a gang or something?"

I tense, "Obviously not. Why would I!? I mean maybe somebody else but not me! ofcourse not! Why would I-"

She cuts me off with her laughter. "Stop rambling already I was just kidding. Why are you acting so weird?"

"Oh, I'm not acting weird at all. Obviously not. Why would I be acting weird!? Of course I'm no-"

She cuts me off again. "Not acting weird huh? What are you hiding Zee?"

I am about to open my mouth again but I would start rambling again so I just sigh.

"I like the name Zee because it just sounds cool." I change the subject.

"Don't change the subject. I've known you for almost three years now and you're still a closed book. When are you going to trust me? But more importantly when are you going to tell me you own a gun?" She stands up and folds her arms.

I was standing with my back facing the wall this entire time so how did she see it? "How did you-"

"Oh please, I practically grew up around guns. My neighborhood was filled with guns. Almost everybody had one back then. So I know a gun print when I see one." She twirls her finger. "I think Aiden saw it too. You're lucky your parents didn't."

"So you know I have a gun. I guess I'm not much of a closed book anymore." I shrug.

"Badass nickname and a gun huh?" She rubs her chin. "When I asked you if you were in a gang, I meant it as a joke but you started acting weird."

"Well I..."

She comes closer and points her finger at my nose. "I will ask again and for real this time. Are you in a gang?"

"Not exactly..." I trail off.

"Well you're gonna be an open book tonight even if I have to annoy you all night. You are going to tell me what's been going on and I'm not going to let you hold out on me, Zee."

"Okay..." I give in. "Besides now that you know I have a gun the rest won't be as surprising."

She pulls us both on my bed. "I'm all ears."

We both lay there for what felt like hours and it was almost the break of dawn. I told Camila everything. From the day I saw Aiden to- the day I left Nathan behind to- how I met back up with Aiden in New York to- now.
...

"Oh my GOD!!! You are like the luckiest girl to ever walk this earth!" Camila squeals.

"Well thats one way to put it. But as always, everything has a good side and a bad side to it." I sigh.

She furrows her eyebrows. "Whats so bad about it? I mean other than the fact that they are in gangs. Come on Zee, you have two gang leaders crazy for you. Its like marrying the President only better."

"Naa I don't think its anything like marrying the President. Its more like marrying a thug, literally." I retort. "And it doesn't make me feel like the First Lady. More feels like a curse, wanting but not wanting at the same time. Its a roller coaster of the good, the bad and all thats in between. Lucky you say? Far from it."

"Tell me one thing thats so horrible this?" She asks.

"They are not only crazy about me, I'm also crazy about them. The both of them." I answer. "The hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life is trying to choose between the two. I want to choose but at the same time I can't and truth is I don't want to either."

"Then don't choose." She says with duh expression. "Girl you got two boyfriends. Some girls have five and some truthfully have even ten. I got three and look at me, not breaking a sweat. Who even keeps one lover these days? "

"Well they do. You already know how clingy and jealous Aiden is." I tell her. "And don't get me started on Nathan. He is sweet but obssessive and possessive. I already told you how he climbed up my window in the middle of the night and almost killed Aiden because he was hugging me in bed!"

"So, they don't have to find out. I mean come on, if I can keep three out of the know. You certainly can handle two. Don't denie that it crossed your mind to mess around with both." She replies.

I remember back to this morning. It did cross my mind in fact I went through with it. What was I thinking?

Camila pats my cheek. "Oh poor baby. Got two of the most handsome and powerful guys in town all to herself. I feel so bad for you."

I laugh, "okay I'll do it. I've already got Nathan covered which leaves Aiden. It won't take a lot of convincing."

"Already a pro huh?" She smirks. "Just make sure I get in on some of the glory."

"What glory am I even going to get? The only glory I know I'm gonna get is something I'm not going to share." I warn.

"You can keep those two all to yourself. I'm talking about invites to their parties, meeting the guys there and some good weed." She explains.

"Oh, you can have all of that Cam. I don't think I'll need any of that." I retort.

She smirks, "thats why you have me, Zee."

"Now scoot over. I got to get some sleep." I push her to the corner and lay beside her.

"Wait! One more thing!" She yells. "If Aiden did see the gun... What are you going to tell him!?"

I reply, "let me deal with the boys. They all have the softest heart for me. Now get some sleep. You are coming with me to Aiden's tomorrow."