Chapter 19 - Unlucky

The Next Morning

Azelia's P.O.V

Before I could enter the kitchen, I was stopped by my parents. They came rushing down and were expressing their concern. They tried forcing me to speak. I did promise to tell them everything, and they can't know everything. They won't give up asking, so I will have to tell them something.

My parents saw two men pull me into a car and drove off to only God knows where. Not to mention them shooting our windows out moments before. And I came home a couple hours after, crying in their embrace. They aren't going to let this slide and I can't pretend it didn't happen either. I'm still shocked that they didn't get the police involved or to say the least, file a report. However, they let me eat first. After I ate, all three of us sat on the couch. And then boom! The interrogation began.

"Where did they take you!? Did you get raped!? Did they drug you!?" My dad asked a mouthful of questions all at once.

My mother stopped him. "Take it easy honey, one at a time this is hard for her, Carl." she said while holding my hand in comfort.

"Okay Erica. Did they touch you inappropriately at all? If they did you need to let me know. I'll kill them myself if they did!" He replies.

Typical fathers, always a bit jumpy about their daughters involved sexually. Out of all the questions, he wants to know this first. Typically dad! He should be asking if I remember who took me and where but no he is asking this. Does he even care about finding out who took me?

"Carl Evrold McCreek for goodness sake! That's the first thing you want to know!?" My mom shouts at him.

I haven't gotten a single chance to speak the whole time we sat there. My parents kept arguing about who is doing something wrong and who is a better parent. I just sat and sighed, being completely quiet. Don't they even remember I'm here?

"Mom! Dad!" I shout.

They stopped and realization was printed on their faces. They literally forgot I was there.

"When your ready to talk, I'll be upstairs." I say as I walk up to my room.

They called me back but I ignored them. I layed on my bed for a peaceful twenty minutes. Before-

"Hey babe!" I was so isolated in my silence that I didn't realize Aiden walked into my room.

I turn to look at him blankly then shift back my gaze to the ceiling. That's right, Nathan's scent is still slightly on my sheets. I get lost in thought again.

"I think it's time we talk." He came and sat, as I sat up.

"Okay." was all I said.

He scooted over and leaned back into my lap. Then he began.

"I didn't attend school much, well maybe not at all but I did get home schooling from paid tutors."

"I did realize I didn't see you after kindergarten. Except from that one time you came to my high school and never came back. Why though?" I ask.

"As you now know, I'm somewhat involved with one of the three gangs around here. My dad kept me busy with helping him with his crime and I did anything I was told to. Though I'm ashamed, I didn't want to get my dad's disappointment. His idea of big plans for me was taking over as leader and continuing his legacy. Which I blindly did and expanded to the city and got into the mafia."

"So that is why you moved. Why lie and tell me I was the reason?" I sigh.

Its not like I'm mad at the realization. A part of me always knew that was a lie. He wouldn't move all the way to New York just to be with me. Not to mention leaving his entire family behind and life. I'm so hopelss. I attract only the worst kind of guys.

"I'll explain everything, just please listen. It all surrounds my father." He responds.

When I think about it, I've never met Aiden's dad nor did he ever mention him but I didn't feel the need to ask.

He continued... "I've always wanted a better life. A life that won't pull my children into crime like my dad did. So I've planned to disappear from this town as soon as you left high school."

I tilt my head back, his choice of words has me confused. So I asked, "What do you mean?"

He explained, "As I said I wanted a better life and also children. And you do need a woman to birth your children you know."

He said it playfully but I was offended.

"So I'm just a surrogate to you!?" I shout with my face red.

"No! I meant, I want to marry you and have kids with you. I mean you're all I want and need. I knew it ever since I met you, though I was young." He says rising out my lap and kissing me gentle.

I did feel flattered at his words but I still felt a bit offended, however I let it slide. All he has just said could very much also be a lie. How does joining the mafia is having a better life!?

Then he leaned back and started to talk again. "That day when I came to your school was to see you. And when I got food all over you, you cussed at me. You look so cute being angry, you always had a little fire. One of the many things I liked about you. My dad didn't want me to attend public school but my mom convinced him. I was already ahead in age so I would only get to stay there for the senior year. But that day my sister told me that you had a best friend who was into you. I thought if he was your best friend for so long you both would be together soon so I couldn't hope you loved me then. I hated him alot for intruding but I knew we had time. And I would wait and I did wait. I finally got all I longed for. When you moved away I knew you and him broke up. And my sister always had alot of information. So I was ready to escape to my new crime free life. So I moved to New York after months of searching for your location. Then we finally started our relationship and I don't regret a second out these three years with you. However, due to many reasons I couldn't keep that promise to myself, to live a crime free life because it follows me wherever I go. But you came back to this town and I had to come back to make sure you were safe but I didn't know the danger was my own gang. My sister was never burdened by dad to be trained to lead. I was, and she had no experience but dad died and she had to take over. I regret what she did to you but I promise she won't hurt you again. Now I have taken back the responsibility of being leader. I do want a better life but I can't let my sister do all this. I hope one day I'll escape again but for now just be patient with me."