Chapter 11: Reunited

Azelia's P.O.V

It hurts to open my eyes but I open them anyways.

"You're awake."

I look across the room where the voice is coming from. My vision is still a little blurry but I know exactly who it is.

"Where are we?" I ask while looking around the old room.

It looks torn apart due to the little pieces of wallpaper hanging off the wall.

"Its okay just chill, I won't kill you if that's what your thinking." he laughs.

I didn't take it as a joke because I didn't like the idea of him being a thug. On a serious note, he could be the one going to get killed eventually.

"Nathan, why did you choose to be this way?" I ask and he stops laughing.

His face goes back to emotionless and dense. "You really wanna know?"

"Yes" I reply immediately after.

"Let's just say, I have no reason to be a good person." he says without any sad tone in his voice.

He does look cold hearted but I know its just a mask he wears to hide his true self. I know he is still in there somewhere. I saw it when he laughed earlier.

"I wanna know how all of this happened. How you became a criminal." I demand.

"Criminal isn't the word I'd use but okay I'll tell you." he replies.

He began... "Couples weeks after you left, I tried calling you to wish you a happy birthday but I couldn't get through. I got upset and started to spaz out. I threw things and destroyed just about anything I could. I even went into the bathroom and threw everything. I hit my head in the mirror and I was knocked out unconscious. When I woke up I found out I was in a coma for eight months. Also I found out my dad had died. Couple weeks after, some strange men in red came at my door. My mom answered and they shot her and took what they wanted then set my house on fire. I was asleep when all that was happening but the heat woke me. I rushed downstairs to find my mom. She was on the floor bleeding to death from the gunshot wound in her chest. I saw the men run off to the nearby woods. I left my mom there and ran after the two. They shot after me multiple times but none caught me. I ran and caught up, I wrestled with one and took the gun from him. I shot him two times and he was dead. I began to run after the other, he didn't have a gun. I couldn't catch up to him so I stopped and I aimed the gun, and with one try I shot him in the head. He also died. When I got home, my mom was bled out and already dead. I called the police and fire department, when they got there, they took me in for questioning. I told the whole truth and even handed over the gun. They charged me regardless it was self defense. I did a year in prison. In there I got along very good with the others. Became friends of criminals, thiefs, murders and rapists. They all thought me a thing or two about survival in there. There was a prison gang and the leader was my cell mate. We become close and even called each other brothers. We devised a plan to let all the prisoners out. We succeeded and the gang went there ways while the rest stayed with me. When I decided to come back to Rosepelt they came with. They looked up to me as a leader and we all pretty much didn't have a life to go back to so we stuck together. And we became a gang known as the BlackHearts. The prison gang is known as the Cold Bloods. There was already a gang in the area and they are known as the Evils.

He sits and leans back on a wooden chair beside the bed. I look into his eyes and see all the pain that's inside of him. I put my hand on his cheek hoping that I can comfort him.

"Don't hide your feelings from me, you know I'm the one person you can show anything to." I whisper and he holds my hand and presses it harder against his face.

He looks at me with big brown glossy eyes. I see tears building up and he leans in and begins to cry on my chest. "Its okay, let it all out."

"You don't know how happy I am that you're here again. It feels like the missing part of me is now back." he cries.

I feel tears run down my cheeks also. I am happy that I got him back too but how do I tell him about Aiden? The last time I did he ignored me for about a month and we almost never tallked again. Imagine how he would react now if I told him Aiden is my boyfriend.

I don't want to break his heart all over again and cause him more pain. He has been through so much. What exactly is the best thing to do in this situation?