Chapter 7: Saddened

Nathan's P.O.V

I watch Azelia drive off, it feels like a string is attached to the car that is attached to my heart and keeps pulling further as it drove. Soon the car was out of sight and my heart went with it. I feel heartbroken, torn, sad and stressed. The love of my life, my bestfriend, my first love, my everything is gone.

I stand there in denial and trapped in a world where I would see the car coming back and Azelia walk up behind me and hug me. That isn't gonna happen, atleast it would in the movies but life's not a movie.

I snap out of it and I dropped myself on the floor. I hold the sides of my head with both hands. Tears begin to flow out of my eyes. I've never cried alot nor could I control my tears when they want to come out. My biggest regret is I didn't give her a proper goodbye, all I did was argue like a selfless person. I was angry, upset and emotional at the same time. It isn't easy to accept, I am never seeing her again.

"Forget me." was the last thing she said and it keeps on repeating in my head.

How can I and why would I want to forget her? I've loved her long before she finally gave me a chance, I can't let go. I had so many plans. So much I still haven't done and so much I still haven't said. I thought I had time. I thought I could take it all slow. I didn't want to rush in, I didn't have to. Now it all crumbles infront of me and I am left in despair.

I want to run away. I want to find her and spend the rest of my life with her. But she's right. How can two teens start a family? Have I really become so unrealistic? When did I start to fall this hard? I knew I would love her beyond anything I could imagine but this is pass the limit I had thought possible. With just soft kisses, warm embraces, laughs and genuine smiles. She has completely cuffed me.

She wants me too and it hurts so much but I don't want to forget her.
...

A couple days go by and today is her sixteenth birthday. If she was here she would be boasting that she is catcging up to me. We would be sitting on the sand right now watching the sunset. Instead I'm here all by myself, this makes me miss her even more than before. It starts to hurt so much that I honestly tried to forget everything. That hasn't worked and it never will.

People at school kept asking what happened, where is she? I never gave them an answer. I became isolated from everyone and I couldn't focus on school anymore. At first I played it cool but then I couldn't anymore.

When I went home, I got the courage to call her. She would be more pissed if I didn't wish her a happy birthday. Atleast I hope she would answer this time. I have tried calling many times before. When I called her number, all I heard is the voice mail. Just her sweet voice. I can't call either of her parents because I only have her number.

I feel my heart pounding. I keep on calling, and keep on hearing the same thing. I start to throw things. I turn my room upside down. I feel as if I'm going mad. Its finally driving me crazy.

Later that night I wake up and keep on seeing images of her in my room. I've never felt this angry in my life! They were like flashes and I ran after them one by one. I am literally loosing my mind. I go in the bathroom and hit my head in the mirror.

I open my eyes and I am in a hospital bed. My memory is foggy but then I remember.

"Azelia!!!" I shout.

My throat feels dry and it feels like I haven't spoken or drank water for days. My eyes widen when I see the familar hospital walls. My mom walks in and sits beside me, she told me that I was in a coma for eight months.

I was so shocked I could feel myself shake, eight months!!!!!!!

"What happened!???" I manage to ask.

My mom holds my hand and squeezes it. "I heard you throwing things in your room. By the time I reached you, you were unconscious with blood pouring from the side of your head."

I remember and a tear escapes my left eye.

My mom wipes it with her thumb. "Oh my son, it'll be fine. There will be more, forget her."

I was too depressed to respond then she hit me with some news that made the last piece of muscle in my chest that was holding my heart tear.

"Son, your dad passed. Its just us now."