22

Yoongi sat on the couch of his apartment, Minseo hanging from his neck, her head resting on him and mouth wide with drool running. He support the young girls bum as he held her close, the warmth of her small body put him at ease.

He lovingly watched as Jungkook softly talked to Minjae. He sat on Jungkook's arms, his hands on Jungkook's cheeks and smiling brightly as they exchanged hushed whispers.

Jungkook nods as he agrees to something and Minjae plonks his head onto Jungkook's chest, making Jungkook puff a small 'oof' and his face contorts.

Soon after, Jungkook is patting his back and softly rocking him to the beat of the song he was now singing.

Yoongi was shocked to hear such melodious words prance from his mouth and stared at them as he waltzed the child to sleep. He needed work, but damn. In just a year, that boy can do wonders.

Yoongi shook his work related thoughts off and focused on the two that tiredly danced.

Minjae suddely lifts a hand and without opening his eyes or lifting his head, it lands with a clean slap.

"Ow! Minj-"

"You wanna know what I wished for...? For both cakes?" He whispers and Jungkook forgets the pain and listens up to the child who thought right now was the time to tell him this much needed fact.

"What was it?" Jungkook whispers back and turns to Yoongi who stares back. He gives a soft shrug and nods to continue.

"That you don't leave." He whispers and in that moment, Yoongi's and Jungkook's eyes make contact. They stare at each other as a suffocating silence takes over. 

Yoongi's heart is beating like crazy. He almost feels like he's going to throw up as he can't tear his eyes away. Jungkook's eyes peirce his, capturing him in his mind.

Meanwhile, Jungkook is breathless and his stare is signalling to Yoongi.

Minjae's head soon blocks their veiw he tiredly kisses Jungkook.

"Thank you, Uncle Jungkook." He falls back into place on Jungkook,"I love you."

Jungkook's eyes faulter and he hugs the child, he kisses his head gently.

"I love you too, Minjae." He whispers and with the reassurance, the younger falls asleep.

Half an hour later, Yoongi and Jungkook are tucking the two into Yoongi's bed (a request from the two ealier that day) and put Holly in bed with them. 

The two crept out into the dimmly lighted living room, sighing once they were in the clear. 

Jungkook awkwardly scratches the back of his neck when the two of them end up near the foyer.

"Thanks for today." Yoongi whispers, shoving his hands in his pockets as he shyly rocked on his feet.

"My pleasure." He smiles and looks around not sure what he should say.

"It- it was great. I've never seen them so happy. We do what we do every year a-and... I'm just convinced they like you more than I." He laughs gently and he reaches for Jungkook's hand and enterwine their fingers.

"I can't thank you enough." He whispers and holds his hand to his chest, hoping that he can feel his appreciation.

"You don't have to, hyung. I'll be around a lot more now with Minjae wishing that. I can't have you saying thank you everytime I do something." He jokes and uses his thumb to lift from the tangle of fingers and nudge his chin.

Yoongi smiles at the small action, reminding him of what he does to his kids. He looks up at Jungkook through lashes and with the faintest of smiles he mutters a vital peice of information.

"I'm not straight, you know that?"

"What?" A awkward laugh leaves Jungkook as he hears the confession.

"I'm pansexual, Jungkook. I like boys too." He smiles and Jungkook nods slowly with pink cheeks as he nibbles on his lip.

"That's uh- really good to know." He cracks a big smile before it falls and twitches at his lips.

"Is it now?" Yoongi raises an eyebrow and Jungkook nods. He unravels his fingers and gently holds Yoongi's chin between two fingers.

Yoongi's breath stalls as he looks up at him as Jungkook whispers.

"Please don't tell me I've been reading this all wrong."

And he kisses him.