After notes

OH HO HO HO

I BET Y'ALL ARE ANGRY AT ME

Reasonably so.

But anyways!!

There is a sequel! The sequel is called One, stay till the end to get a teaser.

One takes place 13 years later. Minjae and Minseo are 16. You are reintroduced to all the characters in those book- including kidnapper Jiwoo, who was made by contest winner @justanotherbrokenhmn !

If there was any questions about the book, feel free to ask! I don't mind clarifying some things.

The book is up so-

He stares down the crowd

Their eyes ridicule him. Their humanity does not spare him. His eyes narrow in determination, searching for any bit of his other half- even in this situation. His hands grab his fathers'. He can feel the shake of both of their palms and he gains even more strength.

They are not wrong.

He gathers the courage as he hears a soft sob from his Dad, and the soft consolation of his other father. He takes in a deep breath.

"Hello, I am 16 year old Minjae." He begins, the crowd bored into his head. "I'm sure you have heard my father talk about this. Years back, it was a big thing... But, it has faded. I can see it in your faces." The crowd stills, a few hang their head in guilt and sniff and the awkwardness.

He caught their attention.

He's not here to mess around.

"Well, my sister is still missing." He says firmly, looking at separate reporters who he had noticed their comments and upset faces in the beginning.

"But, we have gotten word of her where about." Reports gained interest. "So, I am resigning from all positions I currently hold."

The rawr is deafening.

The lights are blinding.

His hands hold on tighter onto his parent's comforting hands.

They're all yelling questions. Selfishness shining in their eyes. They claw at each other like animals, just trying to get a slice of juicy meat. He pride himself of his work but his work had gotten him no where but this.

Savages.

He can hear fans in the far back cry out, screaming for their oppa. They beg him not to leave his position so that they can see him still. He keeps his eyes hard on them, feeling sorry but also angered.

He built a support, a family, of his fans. But, in this moment, he can see it's all fake. They loved his passion, his kindness and enthusiasm. People love a good looking person that pursues in helping people and is compassionate enough to sit and listen to a thousand sad stories. Even if they're all the same.

But, that's all they loved. They have it mixed up. They don't love him, they love what he's doing.

Or his face.

"Enough." The deadly growl of anger he give out, surprised them all. He never raised his voice out of anger. He never lost control of his emotions. He was always calmed, kept himself in check.

"My family is the most important thing to me. Not this job, and certainly not people who don't genuinely care. My organization will stay up but will be cared by my Uncle Jung Hoseok, who co-created it with me, but since he's not famous you didn't care. As for the drama I'm in, it'll be finished and that will be the last." He's sure his fingers are blue with the hold of his dads.

"So, in saying that. I would like to thank my uncle and CEO of Bighit, Kim Namjoon for supporting my decisions. I would like to thank my Aunt and Uncle, Kim Yujun and Kim Taehyung for helping me and my fathers look for Minseo. I would like to thank my fathers for being as strong as they are and their willingness to grow. I would like to thank all of you, for spreading my failures so that my success was greater. Thank you for supporting my cause. Thank you for spreading my face so that when people googled me, Hope world organization was shown and had given so many people the opportunity to better themselves. Thank you." He ties it up. He ignores the screams, the cries, the lights.

He's numb.

He steps off stage. Sujin runs from her mom and step dad to him, hugging him with tears in her eyes, repeatedly telling him that she's so proud of him. He curls his arms around her, still void of emotion. He looks around, his eyes traveling to his parents, to his uncles and aunts, to his cousins that watched with tears and support.

He's finished the chaos and had begun his truth.