nine

━━━━━━━

taehyung woke up the next day, dried tears visible on his face. he remembers clearly of what happened last night and smiled.

but his smile vanished almost immediately.

when he turned his body, he found no sight of another body. jeongguk left him, even if he said to not leave him.

many people would think that this is a normal thing for them. but, this isn't something taehyung occurs in his daily life — he has always wanted someone to stay by his side from night till morning and this isn't what jeongguk wanted apparently.

taehyung sighs and stands up, his happiness seem to disappear so quickly these days.

he wanted to say thank you to jeongguk but he also wanted to say sorry for making his shirt wet. he was so deep into thoughts that he didn't notice the actual jeongguk coming in his room.

taehyung yelped when he sees jeongguk. "y-you! wh-what are you doing here? when did you come in? why didn't you knock?"

jeongguk laughed a bit. "i did. i assumed you heard me so i entered. why are you so... distracted?"

taehyung stayed quiet and jeongguk assumed it was something bad.

"was—was it because of last night? i-i'm sorry for not staying with you through the whole night... i thought you didn't really mean it so that's why i left..." jeongguk asks softly.

"i-i didn't really expect for you to stay with me. i get that you hate me because i broke your best friend's heart and now you're here with me. i-i get that you won't wanna stay with me for a night..." taehyung mumbles and jeongguk frowns.

he genuinely wanted to spend the night with taehyung but he's scared — he didn't want to catch feelings for the boy since the plan was to make taehyung fall in love with him, not the other way round.

"o-oh... i don't hate you that d-deep! it's j-just... i'm upset that i had to see jimin s-sad for a long time." jeongguk made up an excuse. but, that doesn't seem to affect taehyung's thinking.

"why would you still like me? i wouldn't i-if i was you..." taehyung mumbles and jeongguk sighs.

taehyung just don't know why people would still love him. he just... won't stop thinking about the things he has done that would make people like him.

what have i done to make people like me? it feels like... anything i do is just going to make people annoyed by me... taehyung thinks as his eyes watered.

jeongguk noticed that and he immediately said. "o-oh don't cry! i-i'm sorry for not staying with you for the whole night!"

taehyung quickly wipes his tears away. "i-i'm fine! no need to worry about me! i-i'll just leave to make sure you don't get annoyed by me or something..."

but jeongguk thinks otherwise. "w-wait!"

taehyung stops in his tracks. "wh-what is it?"

everything was silent at first, "i—uhm—you know how you said—uhm—that there was something that made you and jimin break up? yeah... i wanna know what it is..."

taehyung bit his lip, contemplating whether or not to tell jeongguk the story. "i-i don't think this is a good time... i mean, i just woke up from a terrible nightmare and you were there..."

jeongguk nods."o-oh right... i understand if you aren't comfortable yet."

they both stayed silent, not knowing that each other's presence was already comforting one another.

"i-i'll just leave now... see you later gguk." taehyung mumbles and leaves the room.

━━━━━━━