twenty-seven

━━━━━━━

throughout the whole lunch, taehyung explained to jimin the whole problem between him and his ex. jimin, of course, felt guilty for having jeongguk go over to taehyung's castle to break his heart.

jimin was literally pouting the whole time because he felt guilty and afraid. taehyung would squeeze jimin's hands if the older would look too worried or too guilty.

"jiminie, i promise this isn't your fault," taehyung reassures jimin by caressing jimin's hand. the older smiled softly at taehyung.

"i'm still really sorry," jimin has apologized for more than twenty times already. "it's just- why didn't you tell me all these? you know i would have been okay with it. i could have helped you."

taehyung bit his lip. "me ex... he's too dangerous. i-i know it'll seem like i'm such a weak person, but he's done too much stuff that even i can't handle."

"you're not weak, okay?" jimin says a bit more sternly. "you're strong, and just because your ex had so much power over you, doesn't mean you can't report him."

"r-report him?" taehyung asks. "you mean to the police?"

"well, of course. you're from a royal family, for god sake! people will do whatever you ask them to do!" jimin says with a little laugh at the end. taehyung smiles at him.

"b-but it isn't easy. my ex... he's also from a royal family," taehyung frowned. "it's not going to be easy to report him to the police. he's just as famous as i am."

jeongguk and yoongi could only watch as their friends talked to each other.

"hey, yoongi hyung," jeongguk says, and yoongi hums. "what do you see in jimin?"

"wh-what?" yoongi stutters out.

"you heard me," jeongguk says with a smile. "what is it with jimin? i only think of him as a small midget. not making fun of you, though. you're taller than him by one centimeter."

yoongi snorts. "yeah, i'm taller. but jimin... he's a good guy. i like him, and he's done a lot for me when i was in the castle. he's caring, and kind of possessive. one of his servants was talking to me and when he found out, he was fuming, telling me that i was having more fun with that servant rather than him."

"yeah?" jeongguk laughs. "he's kind of possessive with me, too, considering that i'm his only best friend in the castle before you came. he won't even let me talk with other people. but it's jimin, it's in his nature."

"at least he's caring for everyone he loves," yoongi says softly. "that's what i love about jimin."

jeongguk and yoongi continued to watch taehyung and jimin talk.

"jiminie~!" taehyung whined. "stop making fun of me! you know how much i hate being made fun of!"

"but you're so cute! i didn't know you felt like this to him!" jimin squealed. jeongguk's heart ached for some reason. who was taehyung in love with? what feelings was he feeling for this boy they were talking about? did jeongguk know this guy?

"jeongguk?" yoongi waves a hand in front of the younger's face. "earth to jeongguk? hello? is someone home?"

jeongguk snapped out of his thoughts when yoongi knocked his head. "oh, sorry. what is it?"

"nothing. you were spacing out and you were glaring at a plate. what are you thinking about" yoongi asks, tilting his head to the side like a confused puppy.

"oh, nothing," jeongguk mumbled. "just random stuff."

"are you thinking of a boy that taehyung might love?" yoongi asks, and jeongguk blushed. "if you are, then you surely are dumb and oblivious. such a bad combination if i had to say."

"nothing! you're just making stuff up that isn't true!" jeongguk quickly said, but yoongi raised his eyebrows.

"mhm, of course, i am," yoongi hums. "just know, that taehyung rarely sees other people in the castle, and he's only seeing you. just you."

jeongguk was silent for a couple of seconds because gasping. "hyung! do you think he's talking-"

"about you? mhm, of course. taehyung... he's just a softie, and he doesn't-" yoongi was cut off when a waiter came in.

"i'm sorry your highnesses, but someone is here to see you all." the waiter said, before stepping aside and letting the person in.

"m-minhyuk?"

━━━

taehyung and minhyuk's relationship was what everyone expected. very romantic, cute, and just a good relationship. the two would always be seen outside going on dates, and people would occasionally capture the moment where minhyuk kisses taehyung's head or cheek. it was a beautiful relationship.

the first week of them dating, minhyuk was so kind towards taehyung. he doesn't force taehyung into doing stuff he doesn't want to.

the second week of them dating, minhyuk started showing signs of possessiveness, yet taehyung was too oblivious to notice it.

in the third week of them dating, minyhuk started not allowing taehyung to go out with namjoon and seokjin.

the fourth week of them dating, minhyuk completely changed; he started yelling at taehyung when the boy disobeyed him, and he started treating taehyung as if he was a pet.

the fifth week of them dating, minhyuk started beating taehyung up when taehyung found jimin. minhyuk was furious, and didn't like how jimin was all close with taehyung.

the sixth week of them dating, namjoon finally forced taehyung to leave minhyuk. taehyung obeyed, and immediately cut off all the ties he has with minhyuk.

taehyung was still traumatized ever since minhyuk started beating taehyung up. jimin was the only one he could trust at the moment (besides yoongi), and by the time he realizes it, he's already in love with jimin.

jimin made him feel like a princess, and he treats taehyung like how he should be treated. taehyung would occasionally still feel scared when he's alone.

three months into their relationship, taehyung gets a text from minhyuk, telling him to breakup with jimin, or else he'll hurt him.

and that's where everything started.

━━━━━━━

sorry for the very late post :(