thirteen

━━━━━━━

"tae—what?"

"yeah... if you kill me right now, i'll feel better." taehyung playfully says and jeongguk hit his arm softly.

"i-i thought you said—nevermind. i won't kill you, tae! who even wants to get killed?" jeongguk asks and the ride ended.

they both go off the ride, completely forgetting that taehyung's hood was off and that people will start recognizing him immediately.

"hey, is that kim taehyung? the one that broke park jimin's heart?" a stranger spoke loudly and that caught jeongguk's attention; taehyung was way too busy focusing himself in the souvenir shop.

"yeah! that is kim taehyung! that lying, cheating bastard came here to play?" another spoke and that caught taehyung's attention.

"j-jeongguk?" taehyung whimpers and jeongguk immediately latch his hand around taehyung's own.

"let's go back home, okay? try and ignore them for me—"

"what a waste to be in a place where there is kim taehyung, right?" a man says disgustingly near taehyung and the poor boy flinched.

"such a slut he is," a woman says and quickly pulls her kid away from taehyung and jeongguk, "his new assistant must have a hard time with him."

he tugged on jeongguk's shirt and the latter stopped to face taehyung; he had tears falling down his face and jeongguk felt his heart tug. he pulled taehyung's hand and the two quickly walked away from the attractions and out of the park.

taehyung whimpers and suddenly pulls jeongguk in a hug. the older freezes but relaxes when he knew taehyung only needed comfort at this moment.

"hey, it's okay. we're out of that place and now you're safe," jeongguk whispers as he caressed taehyung's head. "we're going home, okay?"

"no! pl-please! let's go somewhere else f-first! i-i want to get my mind off of the things happening before!" taehyung exclaims and jeongguk nods quickly.

taehyung guided jeongguk around town while holding his hand. the latter looked everywhere he went; everything was so new to him that can't help but gasp at everything.

"d-do you really h-have to gasp at everything you see?" taehyung hiccuped; it was something that always happened when he just finished crying.

jeongguk blushed. "i've never been here before! don't blame me!"

taehyung chuckled and kept walking, forgetting he was still holding jeongguk's hand.

━━━

the two arrived on a hill where the scenery looked absolutely beautiful. jeongguk couldn't hold the gasp as he sees the scenery in front of him. taehyung hums in agreement but doesn't show his amazement since he's been there once.

"beautiful, isn't it? i've always loved this place a lot because it just calms me from all the pain i had." taehyung says quietly. the two sat down where they were standing; the view was beautiful but jeongguk could say that taehyung was much more beautiful.

"when did you discover this place?" jeongguk asks. "does jimin know about this place?"

"no, jimin did not know about this place. i found this when i was little. i was just playing around and stumbled across this place. it intrigued me and i promised to myself that i'll be back here when i was older," taehyung replies with a sigh. "and now i'm back! you're the first person i told you about this place."

jeongguk hums. "thank you, tae. i feel special now."

"you should! you know this place, you're working for me, and you're happy working with me! you should feel special!" taehyung exclaims happily.

jeongguk frowns, remembering the plan he made with jimin. he can't possibly hurt taehyung. he's way too happy with jeongguk.

but isn't that a good thing? taehyung can get attached to me faster and i-i'll break his heart faster. i can go home... jeongguk thinks but then focuses his attention on the scenery in front of him, still unsure of what he will do.

━━━━━━━