fourteen

━━━━━━━

taehyung and jeongguk arrived home before dinner started for the entire family. seokjin and namjoon were in the kitchen, helping the cooks prepare the food. everything was set neatly and jeongguk couldn't help but feel happy because whenever he's in jimin's castle, they would never serve food this fantastic.

seokjin noticed taehyung the first and exclaims. "taehyung! where have you been? i've been looking for you everywhere that i decided to give up in the end! did you know how tired i was?"

the said boy giggled. "i was out with jeongguk! didn't joonie hyung tell you that?"

seokjin glared at namjoon and he looked away. "wh-what? i didn't hear anything? taehyung didn't say anything to me."

jeongguk stayed quiet through the whole conversation but then seokjin saw him.

"hey! jeongguk! tell me where you went with taehyung?" seokjin asks sweetly; almost too kind for his emotion he's feeling right now.

jeongguk looked at taehyung before saying. "well, we went to a cafe. a really fancy cafe. then we went to... l-lotte world where things went... downhill."

namjoon was confused. "downhill? what do you mean?"

"we were having so much fun that people recognized me. they... criticized me. they started calling me names that i have never liked before," taehyung mumbles. "and now i know why you've never let me go out a lot. i'm sorry, hyung..."

seokjin sighs and hugs taehyung. "i'm sorry too, tae. i should've warned you about why i didn't let you out. i should've let you know rather than making you find out yourself."

namjoon slings an arm around jeongguk. "taehyung is really lucky to have you by his side."

jeongguk feels guilty all of a sudden. "y-yeah... he is."

━━━

jeongguk sat quietly in his room. he can't help but feel guilty at namjoon's words. he knew he shouldn't be but something deep down in him, he didn't want to break taehyung's heart. he knows something happened that made taehyung break up with him but he doesn't know what it is.

so, he quickly pulls out his phone and texted jimin.

━━━

MESSAGES
busan buddy

JEONGGUK
jimin i cant do this

JIMIN
what?

JIMIN
why not?

JIMIN
i thought you wanted to help me?

JEONGGUK
i do! but this isn't the way i want to help you!

JEONGGUK
there is something or someone that made taehyung break your relationship together

JEONGGUK
i don't know what it is but i want to figure it out

JIMIN
i dont care, gguk

JIMIN
i want you to break his heart no matter what

JIMIN
best friend's stick up for one another

JIMIN
are you my best friend?

JEONGGUK
yes

JIMIN
then break his heart

━━━━━━━

jimin is really a bad guy here but i promise y'all wont be disappointed at the end