thirty

━━━━━━━

jeongguk opened his eyes, immediately sitting straight back up.

"why was i so stupid to have fallen asleep?" jeongguk thought to himself. he checked his surroundings and was confused when he didn't see taehyung anywhere.

"tae?" jeongguk called out. "taehyung? are you still showering?"

he checked the bathroom and his eyes immediately widened when all he saw was a mess. he went outside, checking every single room there is in the castle, but still, no signs of taehyung.

"jeongguk?" namjoon's voice rang through the halls. "why do you look so panicked?"

"taehyung! i can't find him anywhere! he's gone! the last time i saw him was him entering the bathroom!" jeongguk frantically says, his hand messing up his hair as he keeps tugging on it.

"wh-what do you mean he's gone? are you sure he isn't hiding anywhere?" namjoon asks.

"no! i'm sure! i checked everywhere! he isn't here! the bathroom was a mess, and it looked like someone broke in!" jeongguk explains, and namjoon's eyes widened.

"this is all my fault! i dozed off while i was waiting for taehyung to finish showering! if only i was awake and hear something happening inside there, then taehyung would still be here!" jeongguk exclaims, and seokjin was passing by when he sees jeongguk and namjoon.

"why are you guys just standing there?" seokjin asks.

"taehyung," namjoon started. "he's gone."

seokjin stayed silent and then spoke, "what?"

"he disappeared! someone took him! we don't know who, but taehyung's gone!" namjoon explained. seokjin was speechless.

"jeongguk," seokjin mumbles. "what were you doing when taehyung was showering?"

"i-i accidentally fell asleep! i know this all happened because of me, and i swear i'll try to find him, but please, give me time!" jeongguk says desperately. he knew how much seokjin loved taehyung. 

"i'm not mad," seokjin whispered. "i'm just super upset at you."

"i'm sorry, i really am," jeongguk mumbled. "i-i really wanted to p-protect taehyung from danger, but i failed."

namjoon bit his lip. "okay, stop being all sad! we need to know where taehyung was taken away, or else we don't have any leads!"

"we know one person who's clearly obsessed with taehyung," seokjin starts. "and that's minhyuk."

━━━

taehyung fell unconscious when he was brought to the car but then regained consciousness as soon as he was in a room, his hands and feet tied together.

"j-jeongguk?" taehyung called out. "jeongguk?!"

"oh, darling," a voice appeared. "jeongguk won't be here to save you."

"m-minhyuk?" taehyung stuttered. "why are you doing this to me? you know why i left you!"

"and i have no intentions of making you leave me again," minhyuk says through his gritted teeth, holding taehyung's jaw tightly, making the younger whimper. "you will never leave me again."

taehyung's eyes started tearing up. "o-okay."

minhyuk smirks in satisfaction and lets taehyung's jaw go, leaving the room.

"jeongguk... please save me." taehyung prayed to himself, tears escaping his eyes.

━━━

"the only person we know who is obsessed with taehyung is minhyuk," seokjin says. "the only way we are able to track him down is yoongi, who is clearly an expert in finding people's houses and castles."

"yoongi hyung can do that?" jeongguk asks, surprised.

"well," namjoon started. "he's always been the one who was capable of using technologies to his satisfaction. never really taught us how, though."

"we can contact him. i mean, jiminie and taehyung already made up, so there's no problem in getting some help." jeongguk suggested, and namjoon agrees.

"it's a good thing jimin and taehyung made up already, or this will be a very hard task considering that jimin is pretty stubborn, too." namjoon says, shivering a bit by jimin's stubborn personality.

"jeongguk, you call jimin, okay? tell him to meet us here as soon as possible." seokjin says, and jeongguk complies.

the phone rang three times before jimin picked up. "gguk? why are you calling so late?"

"get here as fast as you can. taehyung's been kidnapped."

━━━━━━━

my chapters are so short im so sorry :(