twenty-five

━━━━━━━

when the two came back to the castle, they were both sweating and dirty. of course, when seokjin saw them, he panicked and made sure they both showered and get cleaned immediately for dinner. taehyung and jeongguk could only laugh in response before going into their own room and shower. in all honesty, taehyung has never had this much fun before, not even with jimin; the boy has never wanted to go out because he was scared people would recognize him and ruin their dates.

jeongguk... he was something else according to taehyung. jeongguk has always been understanding, that is until he realized that from the first day he met him until now has all been an act because of the plan. but now that he knows about the plan, what will happen? will jeongguk return to busan, and yoongi return back? taehyung doesn't want jeongguk to go back because he... he loves him.

he loves having jeongguk around. he loves when jeongguk does the little nose scrunch of his. he loves when jeongguk would do whatever it takes to keep taehyung safe.

taehyung could never imagine a day without jeongguk.

when taehyung steps out of the bathroom, he was shocked. jeongguk was standing in the middle of the room, possibly waiting for taehyung to exit.

"seokjin hyung wanted you to hurry up," jeongguk says when he sees taehyung's surprised face. "he said if you didn't come down in ten minutes he's going to hit you."

taehyung laughs. "he doesn't mean that. he always says that, but whenever i arrive later than he expects, he yells at me but then we start eating anyway."

"yeah, i figured," jeongguk replies. "but let's go, i'm hungry."

taehyung smiles and quickly walks out of the room in a hurry with jeongguk in front of him. when he arrives in the dining room, there was food displayed in front of him and his stomach rumbled, taehyung finally realizing how hungry he is.

"oh, good. you're not late for once," seokjin says, placing the last food down on the table. "sit. we have some things to discuss."

taehyung became nervous, and for some reason, he knew this talk was going to be about him and his ex. seokjin has been overprotective of him ever since he found out about taehyung's ex being someone bad.

"taehyung," seokjin started. "jeongguk told us that your ex was here in the castle?"

taehyung nodded slowly. "i-i'm sorry for not telling you. i couldn't leave the room even if i wanted to. he was watching my ever move. if jeonggukie wasn't there, then he would have probably hurt me."

"we know, taehyung," seokjin replies. "we just have to find out a way to make sure he doesn't come back. what if jeongguk's gone and he can't protect you?"

"stop scaring the poor kid," namjoon says, placing a hand on seokjin's shoulder. "what if jeongguk starts sleeping together with you? that's the safest way to help you."

taehyung's eyes widened, choking on his chicken. he quickly takes big gulps of water. "what?"

"taehyung, this isn't going to last long. until he is in prison, jeongguk can go back to his own room, does that sound okay to you, jeongguk?" namjoon says, looking at jeongguk. the latter smiles, nodding his head. 

"well, then that's settled. i'll make sure to put an alarm in taehyung's room. in case something bad happens, just press the button, okay?" seokjin steps in the conversation again. "i don't want taehyungie hurt, got it?" jeongguk nods again, and they all ate in silence.

━━━

when jeongguk and taehyung return to taehyung's room, they both awkwardly stared at each other before taehyung cleared his throat.

"d-do you want to shower here? i mean, seokjin hyung basically just made us do a lockdown in my room." taehyung asks, and jeongguk laughs a little.

"yeah, sure," he replies. "then can i use your clothes? i can't go out, don't want anything to happen to you when i'm gone." jeongguk says, and taehyung blushes a bit. he makes quick strides to his closet to find the biggest shirt and pants he has (jeongguk's body was bigger than his). he hands it over to jeongguk, and the boy takes it with a smile.

"i won't take too long," jeongguk says. "no need to worry."

taehyung snorts. "i'm going to watch tv anyway. i won't get too bored without you."

jeongguk laughs softly, hanging his head down. he walks into the bathroom and closes the door, leaving taehyung alone in his room. the younger can't help but feel anxious when jeongguk is not around, afraid that his ex was hiding somewhere in his room. namjoon hasn't installed any alarm system in his room yet, which makes it even scarier. taehyung sat down on his bed, grabbing the remote tv, and turned the tv on. the sound coming from the tv made him feel less anxious, yet it won't make the fear go away.

taehyung's little self was started to resurface, wanting to go inside the bathroom where jeongguk is, but taehyung's older self didn't want to. being a little was hard according to taehyung. he finally snapped to his little self when he heard the window rattle, and he made a run to the bathroom, not bothering to knock on the door.

it was a good thing jeongguk was done showering, or else taehyung would have screamed.

"g-ggukie." taehyung whimpered, hugging jeongguk tightly. the older was confused, but he hugged back.

"what's wrong, babyboy?" jeongguk spoke, making taehyung look up.

"taetae is scared!" he answers. "s-scared the meanie is here!"

jeongguk hums. "he's not here, okay? you're safe with me, i promise. even if he is here, i will fight him for you, okay? i've learned how to defend myself with jimin."

taehyung nods, a happy smile on his face. "c-can we cuddle and watch movies t-together, googie?"

"of course, bun."

━━━

taehyung giggled as he was being chased by his boyfriend. taehyung has always been one for making trouble and laughter throughout the entire castle, and his boyfriend was fond of him.

keyword: was.

minhyuk has had enough of taehyung's antics, and he wanted it all to end, yet he loves him. he loves him to the point where he can't even let taehyung hang out with his own brother. he would always make excuses so that taehyung doesn't hang out with namjoon or seokjin, or even yoongi. minhyuk has always wanted taehyung all to himself, yet namjoon was always watching out for taehyung, and minhyuk couldn't make any move of hurting taehyung.

namjoon leaving the castle that day was a bad idea.

━━━━━━━