twenty-one

━━━━━━━

being in love with someone you knew for about... a month was really stupid. you don't know a lot about them and it's really frustrating, according to taehyung. 

jeongguk was someone taehyung really admires.

because he doesn't have people calling him a cheater and a slut. it was really a life taehyung is jealous of. taehyung always wanted a life where no one calls him dirty words.

taehyung just wants him to be out of his life, forever. taehyung didn't want to hurt jeongguk and he also didn't want his life to be ruined.

"—hyung? taehyung? hello?" seokjin says as he waves his hands in front of taehyung's face. the boy snapped away from his thoughts and blushed.

"s-sorry, hyung." taehyung sheepishly says.

"it's okay, taehyungie," seokjin says as he sits down beside taehyung. "what were you thinking about, hm?"

taehyung bit his lip. "nothing! just... stuff i wanna do once i become king!"

"but it's still a long—"

"better start preparing though, r-right?" taehyung nervously chuckles. seokjin raises an eyebrow but lets the situation slide, not wanting to pressure taehyung longer.

"anyway," seokjin starts. "i was wondering if you would go outside and have a walk around the park?"

taehyung's eyes lit up. a perfect way to get his mind off—

"with jeongguk, of course."

and he frowns.

"why do we i need to go with jeongguk?" taehyung asks.

"i mean, he is your assistant anyway." seokjin shrugs as if it's nothing.

"b-but i miss yoongi!" taehyung whines. "why was he the one that has to leave and not any other maids!"

"because... jimin requested for yoongi to be the one that replaces jeongguk." seokjin answers.

taehyung huffs and crossed his arms. "why do you have to follow everything jimin asks? i wasn't the one who—"

"i know, tae, but it just seems fair to exchange an assistant for an assistant," seokjin says softly, caressing taehyung's arm. "you gotta admit, it is fair to exchange it like that."

taehyung didn't answer, and seokjin took that as an answer. the older sighed, before leaving the room, leaving taehyung to get ready.

━━━

seokjin knocked on jeongguk's door right after he got back from taehyung's room. he opened the door and found jeongguk sleeping, a pout visible on his face.

cute. seokjin thought before waking the boy up.

"hey, gguk. wake up. i gotta ask you to do something for me." seokjin says while shaking the boy. jeongguk soon woke up, groaning, before realizing that seokjin was in front of him.

"seokjin hyung! i'm s-so sorry for sleeping!" jeongguk squeaked.

seokjin could only laugh at the boy's cuteness. "it's okay. i don't mind unless you keep doing your work. which is protecting taehyung." jeongguk nodded.

"anyway, what did you come here for?" jeongguk asks.

"taehyung wants—no, not taehyung. i want you to go with taehyung to the park outside. it isn't that far, considering that it's literally inside the castle."