nineteen

kinda angsty right here :)

━━━━━━━

taehyung woke up the next morning, feeling another body next to him. he almost yelled before turning to see who it was.

jeongguk was sleeping right next to him, his face quite close to taehyung's. the older could only blush at the closeness of them and how jeongguk was actually right beside him, sleeping. he stared at the youngers details and realized how handsome jeongguk was.

he didn't even realize jeongguk was awake when he spoke. "why are you staring at me?"

taehyung squealed and fell off the bed, landing with a thud. rubbing his hand with a whine, taehyung glared at jeongguk.

"you didn't have to scare me like that!" taehyung complained, now muttering words like "my butt hurts, asshole!" and "stupid prick."

"i didn't know a prince could curse." jeongguk says, ignoring the fact that taehyung was blaming him for falling down the bed.

taehyung stuck his tongue out. "well this prince is different from others princes!"

jeongguk laughed loudly, making taehyung see the resemblance jeongguk has with a bunny. "you look like a bunny."

"i-i'm not a bunny!" jeongguk whined, covering his face with his hands. "a lot of people has told me that and i'm sick of it!"

taehyung giggled. "anyway, what happened last night?"

jeongguk coughed. "uhm, well, you turned into a little..? i-it wasn't my intentions, i swear! all we did was play this stupid board games for like, seven times. then, you fell asleep."

"you sure? you sound really embarrassed about something." taehyung asks, his eyebrows raised up. jeongguk blushed, remembering the memory.

as soon as taehyung was asleep, jeongguk stared at the boy, finding no flaws in the boy whatsoever. it was pretty weird to be staring at your best friend's ex so... lovingly? taehyung was someone jeongguk was not supposed to fall in love with.

"g-ggukie?" taehyung suddenly opens his eyes, staring at jeongguk.

"t-tae! why are you still awake?" jeongguk asks, a blush making its way on his cheek.

"c-couldn't sleep... i-i wanted to have a g-goodnight kiss..." taehyung mumbled, fiddling with his fingers. jeongguk's eyes widened.

a goodnight kiss? of course, jeongguk would be confused, but at the same time, taehyung won't remember any of this, won't he?

"g-goodnight kiss?"

"mhm! if you don't kiss me, i'll... i'll slap your arm!" taehyung threatened cutely.

"b-but tae—"

"3—"

"oh my—"

"2—"

fuck it.

jeongguk kissed taehyung's lips. well, more like pecked taehyung's lips. taehyung squealed and immediately turned away, a blush creeping onto his face.

but jeongguk couldn't believe what has happened; he just kissed jimin's ex and it was breaking the bro code.

"g-goodnight, ggu..." taehyung whispers shyly.

"goodnight, tae." jeongguk responds, his mind stuck on the fact he just kissed taehyung.

"ggu? JEON JEONGGUK!" taehyung yelled, making jeongguk return back to the present. jeongguk blushed and turned away. "what the hell are you thinking about that made you not hear my damn voice?"

"s-sorry... just... too caught up in my thought—"

"was it because you kissed me last night?" taehyung muttered, head facing the floor.

"n-no! of course, not!" jeongguk splutters, not wanting to make taehyung sad.

"i-i get it if you're uncomfortable because of it... i would've been too..." taehyung murmurs. jeongguk couldn't help but feel sad that taehyung was feeling sad too.

"h-hey it's not your fault—"

"it is! if i just... didn't let my little self pop out, then it wouldn't have happened! god, i'm such a fuck up!" taehyung groans.  jeongguk could only stay quiet, not knowing what to do.

"l-look, i'm the one that wanted to kiss you," jeongguk blushes. "i-it's not like you forced me anyway—"

"i did force you! remember? i told you that if i didn't kiss you, then i-i would've s-slapped your arm! i-it's so embarrassing!" taehyung cries. 

they both stayed quiet. that is until jeongguk hears taehyung's soft sobs.

"o-oh my god! don't cry! t-this isn't your fault at all! i-i kinda liked it!" jeongguk yelled, saying anything to make taehyung stop crying.

but it failed anyway.

"d-don't lie! y-you must've b-been conflicted w-were you? y-you could've told m-me to snap o-out of it! j-jiminie would be mad!" taehyung sobs, even more, when he mentioned jimin's name.

he's still thinking about jimin, even until now. jeongguk thought.

"w-well, i didn't expect a-a cheater to mention th-the one he cheated on." jeongguk mumbles, but clear enough so that taehyung heard it.

taehyung didn't answer anything else after that statement. it hurt him, so much, that jeongguk still think of him as a cheater.

when he wasn't, at all.

━━━━━━━