epilogue

i tried making this chapter as long as i can — oh and this is just like little scenes on what's going on in their lives now. yeah, they live in the future :D

━━━━━━━

january 18, 2025
ever since jeongguk and taehyung got together, seokjin and namjoon threw a whole celebration for the both of them (technically it was only for close friends, including jimin, yoongi, and hoseok). jeongguk had already sworn to taehyung that he'll protect the younger for his whole life and that he'll do anything to see taehyung happy.

"ggu?" taehyung asks, making jeongguk hum in response. "i wonder what will happen with minhyuk. i mean, i know he's made me suffer for basically half my life, but i just hope nothing too bad happens to him."

jeongguk sighs. "you're too kind for this world, you know?"

"mhm," taehyung spoke. "what if jimin never asked you to come here? we would have never met, and i would have never solved my problem between me and minhyuk."

"i'm honestly very glad that jimin did," jeongguk says. "if it weren't for jimin, we wouldn't have met, and i wouldn't have solved your problem between you and him. plus, i get to meet the love of my life."

taehyung scoffed. "yeah, the one you originally wanted to hurt in the first place." the older of the two opened his mouth, but then closes it again, knowing that it was the truth. taehyung was like an angel sent from heaven and was brought down to earth to give jeongguk a feel of what love feels like. he had made it clear to himself that god has his favorites, and taehyung was one of them.

"...koo! jeongguk! stop smiling like an idiot and look at me!" taehyung yells, snapping jeongguk out of his daze. "damn, who's the lucky person to make you smile like that? are you secretly cheating on me? i swear to god, if-"

jeongguk pecked taehyung's lips to shut him up. "no, i am not. don't doubt me, okay? i'm different from minhyuk. you don't have to worry."

taehyung pouted, face a bit flushed from the sudden kiss. "i-i know, but i just- i hope i won't be too scared of love when our relationship progresses. i hate being scared because it makes me look weak and-"

"stop, okay? you're not weak. i love you, and only you. i've never really had lovers back in busan, so you're basically my first boyfriend," jeongguk says. "you. are. perfect."

taehyung huffed. "you can't go all sappy in front of me! bring back the old jeongguk! the savage and sarcastic one!"

jeongguk playfully rolls his eyes. "you want old me back? you want me to keep hurting you?"

"h-hey, not like that either!" taehyung whined. "i don't want jeongguk hurting me either!"

jeongguk laughs as he keeps teasing taehyung the whole night.

━━━

january 25, 2025

MESSAGES
the four weirdos :0

JEONGGUK
aight so what's this gc for?

JIMIN
what else?

JIMIN
this is how we communicate!

YOONGI
but do we really need this?

TAEHYUNG
i think it's okay :)

TAEHYUNG
i mean we don't have to talk here everyday, right?