twenty-six

y'all only got that little snippet in taehyung's past. i will put another snippet soon, but not in this chapter.

━━━━━━━

morning came along, but the two boys were still fast asleep. taehyung was being hugged by jeongguk tightly, his head snuggled into the older's chest. jeongguk's head was resting on top of taehyung's head, his hands wrapped around the younger's chest. they were both tired from yesterday, but they did have fun with each other. taehyung, being the kind and nice boy he is, forgave jeongguk and jimin for making that plan up.

when seokjin enters the room, he can only smile fondly, seeing taehyung and jeongguk cuddling together. it's been a long time since he's seen taehyung sleep so calmly, since every night, he would check up on taehyung, and the boy would have nightmares, and seokjin would have to help him calm down. 

but seeing jeongguk wrap a protective arm around taehyung made seokjin feel relieved. he closes the door silently, leaving the cuddling pair alone.

unfortunately, jeongguk was awoken to the sound of the door closing, and he immediately panicked but calmed down when he sees taehyung still sleeping beside him. taehyung was sleeping so cutely; his lips were formed into a pout, his hands formed little fists, and his hair was all over the place.

jeongguk looked over at the clock, and widened his eyes when he saw what time it was. "tae, wake up." he shook the sleeping boy awake. taehyung whined, snuggling deeper into jeongguk's chest.

"five more minutes~" taehyung whines. jeongguk smiles.

"no, tae. we slept in for too long, come on." jeongguk says, nudging taehyung again. the younger whines once more before opening his eyes. taehyung yelped, scooting farther away as he was met with jeongguk's eyes (which was really close to him). 

"w-why are you so close to me!" taehyung exclaims. "you scared the crap out of me!"

"did you really forget that i was sleeping right next to you?" jeongguk asks, and taehyung nods.

"i was sleeping so peacefully! i thought you were standing right next to the bed! not in the bed!" taehyung replies, still hugging the blanket tightly.

"i know you don't have anything to do today, but i want you ready to do because i have something planned for you today." jeongguk says, and taehyung looks at him with curious eyes.

"what is it?" taehyung asks.

"something~" jeongguk replies. "but go shower. i'll wait here."

taehyung nods, scrambling out of his bed to go shower. when taehyung is inside the bathroom, jeongguk takes out his phone.

━━━

MESSAGES
busan buddy

JIMIN
why do you want me and yoongi to go all the way to daegu for?

JEONGGUK
i wanna surprise taehyung

JEONGGUK
it's been a while since you two met

JEONGGUK
and he must miss yoongi hyung

JIMIN
are you doing this to make taehyung happy 🥺