thirty-two

━━━━━━━

"taetae!" jeongguk yells, running over to taehyung with a huge smile. taehyung returns it, hugging jeongguk tightly.

"koo! what are you doing here?" taehyung asks, looking at his surroundings. they were both in a forest, away from their castles.

"what do you mean? we have been here forever, taehyungie!" jeongguk says, a bit confused.

"what?" taehyung asks. "b-but we live in a castle! jiminie, namjoon hyung, jinnie, yoonie, and hobi!"

"tae, what are you talking about? didn't you forget?" jeongguk asks, tilting his head to the side. "they all died in the war."

taehyung's eyes widened. "what?"

"they died, tae. why did you forget?" jeongguk says with a small pout. "remember yoongi hyung's last words? he told us to run in the forest and stay here."

"b-but we did nothing wrong! why were we in war?" taehyung asks, tears running down his face. but before jeongguk could even answer, he was disappearing. "j-jeongguk?!"

"forget us, tae."

"n-no, jeongguk!"

━━━

"jeongguk!" taehyung woke up with a start, cold sweat running down, tears escaping his eyes. he looks at his surroundings and he was still in the room minhyuk placed him in. he sighs, running a hand through his hair. "god, what kind of dream was that?"

the door opened, revealing minhyuk. "why are you yelling so loudly at this time. it's still so early, god, fuck."

taehyung hung his head low. "i'm sorry, i won't do it again."

"you better." minhyuk slams the door shut, and taehyung finally lets his tears fall freely. he wants to go back home, but he's too weak to fight minhyuk, and he's too weak to even stand up. he looks at the food that was still on the floor, and he grabs it.

he bit into it slowly, and when he made sure nothing bad happened to him, he ate more of it, making sure to bite every piece.

he just wishes that jeongguk or anyone will be able to save him, fast.

━━━

"hoseok hyung!" jeongguk yells, running over to hug the older. jimin smiles at their interaction. ever since jeongguk became jimin's assistant, it became hard for jeongguk to see his cousin.

"hey, gguk," hoseok says. "why am i here, by the way?"

"so, i know how much you are a master of distracting people with... your charms," jeongguk says, and hoseok smiles. "we need your help distracting someone."

"is this someone supposed to do with taehyung?" hoseok asks, and jeongguk nods.

"minhyuk kidnapped him. we need your help distracting him and buy us some time to find taehyung. if minhyuk knows that you're distracting us for taehyung, then it's up to luck." jeongguk explains, and hoseok hums.

"okay, i'm in. i am an expert in this field." hoseok says proudly, and jeongguk smiles in relief. 

"so," yoongi starts. "you're going to be helping us. i'm min yoongi, taehyung's closest friend, and jimin's boyfriend."

"you don't need to be very protective over jiminie here," hoseok says. "i don't like this shortie that way."

"okay, cut it out! we need to focus on finding taehyung, which may not be an easy task considering that minhyuk's castle is huge," namjoon says, clapping his hands to gain everyone's attention. "since hoseok will be distracting minhyuk for us, we will have to find a perfect plan to find taehyung as quick as possible. plus, we will encounter some guards."

"right," seokjin starts. "the easiest plan is to lure minhyuk out of the castle. hoseok will have plenty of time to distract minhyuk that way, and if he's far away enough, he will take a long time to go back to his castle. i know jeongguk and jimin have learned self-defense, so we all can take out the guards while minhyuk is busy."

"sounds like a plan." hoseok agrees, and so does the others.

"let's get this started."

━━━━━━━

im sorry if the chapters are short :( and that dream has nothing to do with this book. it's just a reoccurring nightmare taehyung has :D