Attacks of the Wild Grass

Attacks of The Wild Grass

Topic: Bullying

By: FRIENDZONED21

“You, with your words like knives And swords and weapons that you use against me You, have knocked me off my feet again Got me feeling like I’m nothing” –Mean by Taylor Swift

They say people are sinners in words, mind, and actions, which is true, even the most saint-like people can’t deny it. And we all know that, but do you know that we mostly done all of this by means of only one thing?

Yeah, the thing called, Bullying. Verbal abuse or Verbal Bullying is the most common form of bullying. You may not hurt them physically or intentionally, but you may hurt their feelings without even knowing it and they must be dying emotionally because of your harsh words. We all know that nobody is perfect and all of us has our own flaws. But verbal abuse is really hard to resist, almost everyone has been a victim and has done this. So you better watch your words.

A bullying can also be done without uttering a word or even doing anything. This is what we call mental abuse. This may be worse than verbal bullying because unlike verbal, this is like back stabbing. As you are judging a person in your mind and they are not aware of it. Best example of this is Racism and Discrimination. Yet, we can’t resist it, people are naturally judgemental. Maybe this is the disadvantage of having a higher level of thinking, we lost our unity unlike the animals with.

But have you ever think about the bullies’ side? Did you ever think why are they like that? Well if you don’t, you should. Everyone has their own reasons, a story that has never been told. We just have to discover it and understand their situations. Just like in the wild grass, you can’t get rid of it by just cutting it, you have to go to the roots and remove it too. As they can just grow over and over again. Okau, let’s say that you stopped a bully from hurting someone today, but wouldn’t they be able to do it again tomorrow? You must know the roots of their hatred and why are they doing this. They can also be a victim of family problems, child abuse, and other circumstances that changed them. Don’t judge them, because if you do, won’t you become a bully too? Even you have problems and such, don’t do this kind of thing, don’t hurt other people by any means, as they can be a friend who can listen and give advices to you. And always remember, every action in this world will bear a consequence, and you don’t know what you should know.

“Someday, I’ll be living in a big o’l city And all you’re ever gonna be is mean Someday, I’ll be big enough so you can’thit me And all you’re ever gonna be is mean Why you gotta be so mean?”