Featuring the first issue's best

Featuring the first issue’s best

TOPIC: Featured Member

By: Kachuuumiiieee 

Writing is a passion that needs to be brought up with a great love and desire for your work. Makikita mo ang mga iyan sa gawa ng isang may-akda. Mararamdaman mo siya sa kanyang istorya, sa bawat galaw, kilos at salita ng kanyang karakter. Every story has its own origin at ang origin na iyan ay really based on the author’s decision. Even though you are a very busy person, if you have passion for writing, you’ll still find time to do all your work!

One of this magazine’s writer really deserves to be awarded as the first issue’s featured writer because we can really see her dedication, love and passion of her work. Hindi lang naman nasusukat sa pagiging dedicated sa work ang pagiging featured writer, pero siyempre sa love, support and care for his or her co-writers.

I remembered one day, EJ said (VP for article writing) “Ang sakit ng mata ko”. It is because he’s online for about 22 hours a day para lang saWattMag, then this girl suddenly came up and said “Pahinga mo muna siya EJ” and she also gave some tips to help her co-writer.

And also, even though she is not the assistant vice president of the writing department, she still managed to help our Vice President to collect the drafts kahit magkanda-labo labo na ang mga ito sa sobrang dami.

Lastly, she is the girl who always sees to it that her readers were satisfied by what she’s writing. She is a girl who gives out all her effort in doing her work.

Who is the girl I am talking about? The girl I was talking about is no other than “STARSANDSKITTLES” of Demigod and Demigoddesses of Writing (Writing Department). I was talking about our nurse, our ate and our friend. I was talking about Ms. Frances Batino.

She lives in Cavite. She is a registered nurse since 2010 and she really loves writing. She started writing when she’s high school but she just joined wattpad months ago, April 1, 2014 to be exact. She found WattMag by the help of her friends who also joined the organization.

I asked her, “Ate, masaya po ba maging nurse?” then she answered me “Masaya na mahirap. Masaya kasi nakikita mo mabibigyan ng buhay ang isang tao. Mahirap kasi konting mali, buhay din ng tao ang malalagay sa alanganin.”

I also asked her if she’s happy with writing, she said that “Nagsusulat na kasi ako since highschool. Passion ko na kasi ang pagsususlat. Being a writer for me is my form of leaving reality. Hahahaha nagsusulat para mawala ang stress. Nasusulat ko yung mga posibleng sagot sa mga what ifs ko sa buhay.”

We all know that she’s a nurse, so I asked her on how she balances her work with her writing time, she said that she is not working right now and she is just waiting for her visa para sa Canada to work there. Well actually, magwowork talaga siya but hindi natuloy kasi mas naging masaya siya sa pamamasyal. Though it’s funny, it’s still fantastic to hear from a person that she gave much attention to her happiness, which is shopping, rather than giving attention to her work.

I asked ate Frances the most important question that really needs an answered. “Masaya ka po ba sa WattMag?” and she answered me “Oo naman. Marami akong nakikilala sa wattmag. Kahit feeling ko ako ata ang pinaka matanda sa wattmag.”

So here it is guys! Our very own featured writer, Ms. Frances Batino, also known as, StarsAndSkittles in wattpad. She writes with passion and does not expect for any impression. Congratulations, god bless you and keep it up!